Tuesday 24 December 2019

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A QUICK EXPLANATION.

Here are Season's Greetings from Down Under and a small apology for being so absent from my blog.
Some know that we went for a lovely holiday to UK and it takes me some time to get myself together again after seeing my family who are so far away.  Just starting to settle, when the fires started in NSW & Queensland.  I grew up in Sydney and so many places familiar to me are blackened by the fires.  I know people in these areas and my heart is breaking for them.  Now we have fires in East Gippsland,  some near to Ballarat and through South Australia, as well as Western Australia.  I find it hard comprehending all the devastation and to blog about what must be mundane happenings by us, but hopefully I'll find the inclination to put words together for some posts in the New Year.
I have some ideas for raising much need money to help our rural and country fire services, which are mainly run by volunteers.  They are all exhausted and we do have help now from New Zealand and Canada.
THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts. 
Enjoy your time all, spent with family.  Ours will be extremely quiet this year with just the two of us, due to distance & the ongoing circumstances going on in this large country of ours.
Take care and big huggles from Susan.   xxxxx

7 comments:

  1. No explanations needed Susan, the devastation across such a huge area is almost incomprehensible.

    Hope the 'holidays' are as peaceful for you as they can be, in the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just devastating, so many people for who life will never be the same again. Sending my very best wishes for a peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sorry to hear about the fires. Stay safe and merry Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fires are heart breaking, stay safe and have a happy and peaceful Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you, and all who have been affected by the fires we see on our news Channels.
    Take care, stay safe and my good wishes for the Christmas Season.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love to you Susan. So much devastation we see on the news, so sad for all the families involved.
    Love and blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your Christmas was special and I understand your sentiments about blogging when there is so much turmoil in this country of ours.

    ReplyDelete