Thursday 2 September 2021

BEDDING PLANTS QAL - LINKUP.

 This is a quick post with a near finish of the Quiltalong I have been participating in with Jo Avery in Scotland.  I've had so much fun with this by using only coloured scraps/leftovers from previous projects over many years.  The white backgrounds for each row were from my stash as were the horizontal sashes, borders & binding.  I'm just now handsewing the binding down of a night.

A few photos so I can join in the link, though I do think I'm the only one without FB or Instagram, so maybe I'm a bit strange.  Here goes and I've actually called mine Flower Power and made it slightly smaller.

FLOWER POWER
A few photos to show each row and how they were quilted and what I used for the bed edgings.



One last thing before I go is to quickly show what my Garrya looked like this year after having one lone catkin last year.  It was gorgeous back in July.
GARRRYA
Off now to link with Jo and hopefully be back tomorrow with the Friday Scavenger Hunt.
Thanks to anyone I may have missed just lately with comment replies and I'm also having trouble with commenting on Wordpress blogs, so will have to sort that at sometime.
Take care all, stay safe & lots of hugs from down under.
Susan.













13 comments:

  1. Wow your quilt is lovely and what a great name, Flower Power. The catkins are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Shame the catkins don't last very long as they are now very grey looking.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous. I do love this design. The garrya is looking fabulous this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Must admit this one will be a keeper. I couldn't believe the Garrya after waiting 3 years for it's first flower last year, then this year has been fantastic.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow Susan. That quilt is absolutely stunning as is the Garrya. We have a beautiful bottle brush which I believe is a native of your country. I cut it hard back this year as it's making a takeover bid for the border. Hopefully it will still flower next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. I'd always wanted a Garrya & I didn't know if I had a male or female plant for the first couple of years then it had one catkin last year, then surpassed itself this year and it's the male one. Yes, bottle brushes(Callistemon) are native to Oz & should still do well with hard cutting back. I'll dig out a few of my own photos & send via email for you.

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful quilt!
    Garrya are one of my favourite wall shrubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely colourful quilt, it's gorgeous as are the catkins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice & the Garrya catkins really sparkle in sunlight too.

      Delete
  6. I do like this quilt and lovely to see the Garrya catkins.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt looks amazing and I’ve never seen garrya before, it looks fabulous … sometimes we just have to be patient with plants. We often say … it’s got one more year and if it doesn’t do what it should it’s history … and sometimes it’s as if they know 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol & yes patience is a must with gardening.

      Delete