Monday 30 May 2022

WACKY AND BITS.

 I'm still here, though finding it hard to write a decent post as I've been feeling rather discombobulated of late.  Not sure whether that is because of the Pandemic, worldwide havoc, strange weather or even maybe 4th Covid jab and the flu vaccination, but here I am with a few bits of what we've been up to this month.

I'm joining my friend Sandra in Canada (mmm.quilts) to link with her "Drop everything and make it" post.  

Wacky One, a design of my own using only scraps and fabric from my stash.

And.... the backing fabric.
This was made at the beginning of the year, but quilting took quite some time due to my stupidity and now needs binding.  Alas there is a hole....................and no sewing machine.  Betsy is being serviced and won't be back till probably next week.  
Apart from the sewing problems, all is sort of OK.

We've had a couple of outings, which I've not been sure about posting due to them being a little more DH oriented, but I'd like to share just a little here.

A couple of weekends ago we spent a few days away in the van at the Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally.

I was lucky to capture this photo as we'd stopped to take a photo of the advertisement for the Rally and the Morris convertible was just passing.
A few photos follow of some things that I captured with my camera.
A collection of sewing machines.  There were more and older ones too.

This one is for my friend Kate.

One of the quirky on-site vans.  Very rustic.

The tinier versions of steam traction engines.
On the way home we stopped off in Beaufort at a vintage shop and purchased an old sewing machine for $10 & then later found a treadle base with no machine in it.  We discovered the old machine will fit in this base, so another project hubby will tackle over winter.
The cabinet which definitely needs some attention.

DH working hard cleaning up the machine.
Just one more photo taken on a local walk last week.
Look at the size of the toadstool............that is my foot beside it.

OK, all from me for now, but I will be back next month with....hopefully...... a finish for the QAL Sandra has been running.  I may even post about another rally we went to with vintage machinery, which was an interesting  day out too, if anyone wouldn't mind seeing photos of vehicles.  Not much doing in the garden and now that the weather has turned bitterly cold, that maybe on hold for a bit.
Take care all and lots of hugs from down under.





18 comments:

  1. Nice that you're managing to get out and about. It's lovely when the weather's fine but I take a bit of cajoling once it changes and winter is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Weather is certainly not nice now, pouring with rain, windy & ever so cold. We only get out to open air type stuff these days, though probably not so much during winter. Trying to stay bug free.

      Delete
  2. Susan, that sewing machine cabinet is gorgeous and can I just say that I love how you display your quilts to photograph them. It's raining here as I type and definitely an indoors sort of day but I had such a bad night with the naughty hip that I'm completely wrung out. Kitchens been scrubbed and tea is cooking so now it's an afternoon on the sofa surfing the net for me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie, I love doing photo shoots for my quilts and other things too as I've had a thing about photography since I was about ten when my Dad gave me an old box brownie.

      Delete
  3. A 2CV! A grey and white Dolly :) how lovely, bet it doesn't rust as quickly over there as they do here, thanks for the photo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a 2CV and actually there was another there too, so I'll pop through that photo by email & tell another story about them with it.
      Ooh, weather is yuk and the lights are flickering.........

      Delete
  4. That's good you managed some outings and I love the look of that shepherd's hut. I do like that old sewing machine and cabinet, your husband will soon have it looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen & we love those sort of things anyway, but now winter is here it will be quite slack for a while. That project may take a while with a few other things to do as well.

      Delete
  5. Love that collection of little sewing machines! I'll try to go with you next year, but it was good to see you and your quilts the week after xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old sewing machine cabinet is lovely and I like your Wacky One quilt design but I actually prefer the backing fabric, it's so bright and very 'me' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. So you like that backing fabric better than the front. Must admit to loving a wacky backing.

      Delete
  7. I too like the wacky backing best, but I guess it could be used either way? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon & it is a gorgeous backing with its medley of Australian wildflowers.

      Delete
  8. Good to hear from you, just trying to catch up on blog reading, am so far behind. Love the sewing machine, guess Keith will soon have it looking ship shape. You will be able to use it when your other one goes for a fix up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the backing on your Wacky One! Glad you have now got your machine back; know that the linky for Pop Star will be open for an entire week to give everyone a bit of breathing room! Fun pics from trips with your DH. The 'rustic' little van, what we'd call a trailer, I think, reminds me of the British show, 'Amazing Spaces'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. Love vintage machinery shows & we've also watched George Clark's Amazing Spaces.

      Delete