Wednesday 15 June 2022

POP STAR FINISH

 Linking with Sandra today at mmm.quilts for the final day of the Quiltalong of her Pop Star pattern.

I've made two with one finished and the other awaiting quilting.  Been a bit slack lately with getting things done, but after a few glitches with both long arm and domestic machines, I think I'll get back into it soon.  I was hoping to take a few photos in the "great outdoors", but woe is me...........weather is not playing nicely, so I've done the best I can.

BABY POP STAR.

A full shot.
The next few are what I hoped would be my "hero" snaps.

An inside photo.

Another inside, showing a little of the quilting.

An outside one high up in the ranges south of us, with a lot of cloudy mist in the background.

This quilt is for a baby boy who was born on Sunday.  His parents are members of our car club and I've yet to meet him.  His sister can't wait till he comes home.  You might be able to see if you click on the middle photo are the cars that I quilted to make it personal for the family.

POP STAR No 2.
I'm calling this one No.2, even though I started it first.  Although I do like it, I lost the popping stars, as the brown fabric was too close in value to the main star fabric.  Is waiting on the machine now to be quilted.
This what the sky has looked like most of the time over the last few weeks.  Very little sunshine, even on days when it hasn't rained.  Been bitterly cold too.  Our snow regions have had the earliest start to the season on record.

Well that is my lot for today and I really must get back into blogging, photography and just enjoying life in general.
Thanks to all my lovely blogpals for being there for me, take care & big hugs from down under.
Susan.




16 comments:

  1. They both look so different, it just shows that the colours and fabric you choose can make a big difference. Those skies look full of it, we've got a warm, sunny day today. We're forecast 27 degrees on Friday and 17 on Saturday, good old British weather eh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Amazing what colour can do. Wet, cold and windy here again this morning.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed seeing your versions of PopStar! The baby version in bright colors is so fun. I love the background fabric in that one, too! This was definitely a quilt design where the fabric we picked for the popstars made a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, the "pop star" colour certainly makes all the difference.

      Delete
  3. I like both your quilts Susan. A quilt for a new baby boy how lovely. What a shame the weather is against you for your photos. We are having some nice warm weather this week, it's very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Yes, a baby boy and I should get to see him over the weekend. Most of the baby quilts I've done over the last 2 years have been for girls.

      Delete
  4. Clearly getting the "second" pop star finished was of high priority. I'm sure it will be well used and loved. I hope you have finishing up the other version, I think it will be another stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first one is stunning and the second very nice, you've been busy Mrs. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It great to see both your versions...the newborn will be very lucky to receive the finished one. Although you weren't so happy with your first choice, it's still a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raewyn. Parents loved it and I got to see the bub at 1 week old and oh so small. We forget how little they are, especially when ours are between 44 and nearly 50 & the grandies all taller than me.

      Delete
  7. They both look great and well done - I didn't even start mine!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure how I missed this post! I am so sorry! Hangs head in shame. I came here looking for your second Pop Star, if you'd posted it, and well, found the F post and then this one before it...I was sure I'd visited. Anyhow (smacks self in forehead several times) I just LOVE this quilt, well both of them! I know I've seen them right from the first one you made, that I don't think your brown pop stars are as lost as you think, but it is lovely to see them here again and in their glamour shots too. And posted ON the 'famous Canadian's birthday' too. The cars quilting is just brilliant! Is that a panto? Lucky baby boy. I do like how you used darker blues to make a square 'appear' behind the centre star. Looking forward to seeing #2 quilted, and know that you're in twice for the givewaway with two quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I think "blogger" is our problem at the moment with comments and replies.

      Delete