Tuesday 26 September 2023

CATCHING UP SLOWLY.

 I'm so sorry to be somewhat AWOL lately, but I'm having lots of trouble with my "old" laptop & now my PC too which needs updating, as I've still got Windows 7.  Hopefully over the coming weeks I'll have some of it sorted.                                                                                                                                                BUT.....for now, we'll do a little catching up on a slow basis.  We have had a quick trip away to Adelaide which is part of the slow start and now after explaining why and where, I'll pop on a couple of local photos and hope to do more as the week progresses.

Driving through the back of Yarragon one afternoon, I suddenly noticed these 2 deer.
Never seen them before, so out with the camera and this was the best I could get as it was overcast and I couldn't get close as there was a big ditch along the side of the road near the fence line.

Just to the south of town we have the most wonderful daffodil fields and they never fail to enchant me each Spring.
We did have a great break, except for cracking our windscreen, which will be replaced next week.  A large truck threw up a stone, much to our annoyance.
Not sure what is happening with Blogger as I'm having trouble commenting on some blogs and seems some people are having the same issues.  Hope all is fixed soon.
I'll finish off for today and hopefully tomorrow or later this week, a post will appear about our latest trip and maybe a bit of crafty stuff.
Thanks for sticking with me.
Take care all and hugs from down under.
Susan.  xox    









































































                               






 large truck threw a stone up which is so annoying.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, there must be thousands of daffodils in those fields. Don't they make quite a statement when grown en masse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. They are grown for the Melbourne cut flower market with lots of different varieties available.

      Delete
  2. I bet those fields look gorgeous. Have you ever been to Keukenhof in Holland. The tulip fields are breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. Never been to Holland, but we do have a big Tulip wholesaler up in the hills north of Melbourne and we've been several times and even with the vision impaired folk when I was a volunteer.

      Delete
  3. The daffodil fields look lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daffodils are incredible! I thought it was canola at first! Glad you’re enjoying tootling around; always good to have a change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra & the canola is out too at the moment & I took photos as we were on our way to Adelaide the week before last.
      I must pop you an email & a photo of a certain someone............you've sure been busy.

      Delete