Sunday 10 February 2013

STILL NO RAIN

It's Sunday here in Oz and there was supposed to be some rain.  Luckily I watered the veg this morning, mopped the floors and decided to get started on that not very flat quilt for a customer.  Oh no!  Worse than I thought.  Rang my mentor and she said, just do the best you can.  I will get back to it tomorrow as I am now tired and stressed.  I also have to finish my cushion for our local show which is held the first weekend in March.
Morning break.
 After the housework on Saturday morning and hubby at work, I decided to have morning tea on the patio before it got too hot.   Coffee, bikky and 2 new books.  Which one to start on first.  Of course Alan Titchmarsh one out.  What a beautiful book and garden and his writing style is easy reading.  I have only read Spring so far, as I am really too busy to do much reading.  The other one will probably be looked at a lot later.
Street scene.
Friday night about 7pm we could hear sirens.  Getting closer we thought they were off to the hospital, which is very close to where we live.  No, they were getting even closer and then I popped outside to see that were at the bottom of our street.  Took this photo of 4 fire trucks and an ambulance, all for a kitchen fire.  I live next door to this corner.  A little bit of excitement in such a quiet part of town.

2 comments:

  1. As long as no one is hurt, that's a great bit of excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good friend of mine came back from a holiday in Oz a few months ago and was more jet-lagged than he realised. He dozed off whilst his supper was was cooking, thankfully the smoke alarm woke him. By all accounts he had a very lucky escape however his kitchen was destroyed and the whole house had to be gutted to get rid of the smell.

    ReplyDelete