Sunday 3 February 2013

AM I STRESSED?


Trying to do that Feathered Star today would have been fine if I had read the instructions correctly.  I stupidly cut the strip bias squares 1 15/16ths instead of 1 9/16ths.  No wonder nothing fitted.  Glad that I did them larger, as I can at least cut them to size.  More unpicking.  Will give it a few days before I attempt it again.  Also have a large customer quilt to do that is not very flat.  Hope it will be ok.
Why am I stressed?  I have to go for a gastroscopy tomorrow.  Don't like hospital procedures.

Today my friend Val and I both purchased the pattern for the "Country Charmer" quilt.  We will try and do it together.  I have decided to do only 9 blocks.  I have a pretty good idea of my version, which will be a little different, I think.  We'll wait and see.

ALL CHANGE!

"Soft and Pretty"

This quilt has been hanging on the hall wall for the last  two months, so I am trying to change them about every 6 to 8 weeks so I have an ongoing display.   I quite often buy these picture blocks, then have fun thinking of an original setting.  The star blocks are from Stars by Magic by Nancy Johnson-Srebo.
"A Hug and a Kiss"

Now this quilt has just been quilted , although it a has been a top for quite some time.  The pattern is from 101 Nine Patch Quilts by Marti Michell.   It is 33" sqare.


1 comment:

  1. So you've succumbed to the charm of Country Charmer then? Can't wait to watch your version developing.

    As for the Feathered Star, as you say, luckily you cut too big not to small. I really hate it when I do that!

    ReplyDelete