Thursday 17 October 2013

GARAGE SALE DONE AND DUSTED

I want to thank everyone who left lovely comments on my last post..  I count my blogging pals as friends although you live far and wide and we've never met. It is a little down time for me reading your blogs occasionally and I still have some to catch up on.
 Our garage sale was quite successful and some of the larger furniture that we didn't manage to sell is off to an auction house later this month.

The stress levels are still high and we  haven't found a house yet, but are off to Ballarat again this Saturday.
Hubby has one day left before retirement.  Wonder what our new life will bring.

These photos below were taken in Ballarat a
 couple of weeks ago.  It was a freezing cold day with wind and rain and these two men had decided to go wind surfing on Lake Wendourie.  Mad I thought,  but they did it as you can see from the 2 photos.







Black swans on the grass.


The photo below was taken about and hour ago.  It's been a funny day with sunshine, cloud, heavy rain and very strong winds.

We think this is a baby kookaburra sitting in our Japanese maple outside the lounge room window.
He/she let me take this photo on the front steps.







Some flowers on the kitchen window sill last week.
That was just a quick post to let you all know that amongst the chaos of moving I will still try and post occasionally.  Also our 2 youngest granddaughters turned 6 on the 15th and 16th, so, although they have both been wished Happy Birthday, both our daughter and youngest son follow my blog.  I still can't believe how quickly they are all growing up.  You are both beautiful M and E.

Take care all.  Susan.

9 comments:

  1. I can understand how stressful your move can be. I hope you remember to breathe occasionally. I'm sure you're looking forward to it being all over and done with. I wish you and your hubby much happiness and good health in retirement. I look forward to reading more about your crafty/sewing adventures once you are settled in your new home Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I forgot to say, I really like those black swans. I've not seen many of those in my lifetime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a stressful time, but I'm sure once the hassle of moving is over and done with, a new, exciting adventure will begin. How lovely to have kookaburras, nothing quite so exotic here. Happy belated birthday to the birthday girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those guys are nuts! But at least there is water in the lake :) Glad the garage sale is over, and try not to stress too much.... I know, it is easier said than done!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I notice the shack near the wind surfers is in water. I think I would like sitting and watching the surfers from the shore. I hope you find a house soon that you absolutely love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your house-hunting this weekend, Susan. I hope you find one that's perfect for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I hope all goes well too this weekend. Sounds as if you are on course with the downsizing and your perfect home will be out there waiting for you somewhere. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the house hunting, and best wishes to your husband for his retirement. Malcolm loves being retired - his days are filled doing things he enjoys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best finding a house Susan, all good things are worth waiting for. You will be so much closer to the next retreat now. Off to our quilt show soon, it looks good. Having a few days of sitting around and chatting.

    ReplyDelete