Thursday 31 October 2013

"M" IS FOR MOVING

I want to thank everyone for the lovely comments and advice on moving.  I think I may be boring all at the moment and when we get back to some sort of normal, I will start replying again.
Tomorrow is the day they come and finish the packing, as I've done about as much as I can.  They may even shift some things and then more on Saturday.  As we are staying here in Warragul for the time being, the move should be a little less, "time wise".
Once we are settled in our own house again, these may be the things we can spend time doing.  Below are some photos taken over the years of how we love to "craft".  We will also join a Morris Minor club, (we spent many happy times in them before), do some volunteering and take time to walk, canoe and smell the roses.

Our lovely Morris ute called Brute, having been in a blackberry patch for many years and restored by hubby and on the road now since 1992.  Many fun times have been had with her and will continue to be.  She has been used to take him to work everyday and will go on club plates in the future.

A candlewicked heart I made many years ago.

A bag made for my Cornish penfriend B.

Cushion for my friend P, who lives near here, and two block rolls made for my 2 English penfriends as above and the other in Yorkshire.

Doll made for penfriend B.

Cradle made for ganddaughter M

My "springer" spaniel and it's sitting mate for DD who loved mine, so asked for one too.  Of course Dad obliged.

The two rocking made by hubby for our youngest two granddaughters when they were younger.
These are just some photos I decided to post as I've not taken anything this week, because we've been too busy.  Just one more photo of a quilt I must finish once settled, and everyone is going to give me a gentle push to get it ready in time maybe for a quilt show, though which one, I have no idea.  It's been on the go for several years and was put aside after my Mum passed away, but I now really want to finish it.

After this photo was taken, I did manage to finish one corner of it, but as it is now packed away I can't show you yet.  The stars are all paper pieced.  I really want to see it finished along with some other WIP's.
This computer will be switched off some time tomorrow for it's upcoming move, and hopefully be back on by early next week.  Thanks everyone, take care, and have a lovely weekend.
Susan.

14 comments:

  1. I hope the move goes well for you, I'll be thinking of you. I loved seeing some of your finished craft projects, I love those springers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, glad you liked the springers. Maybe one day I'll have a little spaniel.

      Delete
  2. When you're settled I hope you are able to finish that quilt. It is too beautiful to be hidden. You must have already put an enormous amount of work into it. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, and yes I really intend finishing it.

      Delete
  3. Best wishes for the move - just make sure you know where the kettle, tea and coffee are, and make up your bed as soon as possible, so it is ready to collapse into, when you have had enought unpacking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Being married to a Yorkshireman, we always need the kettle for cups of tea and having moved lots (though not for nearly 10 years), I'm trying to remember which things are the most important.

      Delete
  4. Susan, I'm sure everything will go well for you. Once you get to your new house you can breath again. You can take you time setting up. Don't forget to take time to smell the flowers. I can't wait to see that quilt finished. It looks like a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the move isn't too bad, Susan. Don't forget to keep the kettle handy - and a couple of mugs and your drink of choice. See you on the flipside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move Susan. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Susan, Love the springers, be good mates for bones! And you need to finish the star quilt, its gorgeous, maybe show and tell in March???

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is going to be absolutely stunning!

    Hope you find your permanent house soon, we rented for four months when we moved up here and both of us hated the feeling of being in limbo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bilbo, we are certainly living in limbo and hope to be in a house early next year. Thanks and take care.

      Delete
  9. Good Luck with the move hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitzi, glad to have you pop in and I've just had a quick look at your blog and have put you on my favourites bar, so will pop in from time to time. Thanks and take care.

      Delete