Wednesday 4 February 2015

BLOGIVERSARY WINNER-------------------------

And the name pulled from the bowl---is   HAWTHORN.
I'll be in touch as soon as we get back from our holiday. I've something in mind now that I know who it is and I will show it at a later date.

Now to some catching up with what we've been doing and where we are heading to on Friday.
I've not been doing any of my big star challenge quilt, but once we are back home, that is definitely coming out as I want to enter it in a show in October.
I've been designing (and stressing) over the two baby quilts, but have finally made up my mind to what I'm doing with them both.  These two quilts are for my nieces (in UK) and they are sisters and both first babies, due within a couple of months of each other.  For some reason I found it tough, but I think I'm happy with what I've come up with.  I'll show both lots of fabric I've chosen.



I've also made a finish with something that has waited for many years.  I photograph quite a few things on the box that you see above.  Hubby made the "ottawoman" for me many years ago and I always wanted to line the lid and use it for patterns I use for crochet or knitting.  It's finally done with a lot of help from him.  I tried to put the upholstery tacks in and they just kept bending, but clever clogs got longer ones and used a hold-it thingy and they were in.  Finished result.

The ottawoman.

Inside the lid. (and the mess).
Something I omitted the other day, was the idea for my rather bright star quilt, which is now quilted and awaiting binding.   I hate not telling if it was my own design  or if I used someone else's pattern.  I used a pattern called Robert's Bright Idea, from this book, which I bought a long time ago, in a discount shop.  They had a load of quilt/craft books from a wholesaler who had gone into liquidation, so a few of us had a good rummage and came out with quite a lot of books.


TIME OUT.
On Friday we are off in our van for a week.  Summer school holidays have finished here in Oz and we're heading to the east coast of Victoria to soak up some sun, sand, lakes and walking.  We'll go to Mallacoota for a few days and come back via the Gippsland Lakes and Warragul, where I'm booked in for a lovely relaxing massage.  I'll take both my laptop (running Vista which I can't post on, but can comment on other blogs and keep up), and my little one and hopefully maybe do a post with some photos.  Still not confident with the Windows 8 on it though.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far and take care.
Huggles Susan.

13 comments:

  1. Susan dearest, you are asking for (and will receive) a bucket-load of spam having your address on a blog post.

    Simpler and safer is to add the "Contact Me" gadget which Blogger supplies. There is an example of what it looks like on the sidebar of my blog. And before you panic - YOU CAN ADD A GADGET! You've already done so when you added the "Blog Archive" and the "About Me" and "Labels" and "Blogs I Follow" to here! (clever girl!)

    Go to "Layout" and click on "Add a Gadget" on the blocky diagram which shows your blog layout. email if you need more help. huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me to do something silly again. I'll go to my other computer now and edit and try to put on the gadget. Thanks Jayne, where would I be without your knowledge.

      Delete
  2. You can also put your e-mail address by typing it with spaces between the words and writing things out in full such as dot com instead of .com. Anyway, I am sure it will be fin. Congratulations to Hawthorn. I love the Otawoman, lovely to store all of your lovely things in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ottawoman, I could do with something like that for storage. Enjoy your holiday, sun, sand, lakes and walking sounds right up my street, I wish I was coming with you. congratulations to Hawthorn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jo, I've had the box for many years, but always had to lift the top off, so it was about time to rememdy it and now it's great. Hopefully I'll be able to pop some photos on my blog so all can see how lovely it is around our lakes and coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great holiday - it sounds as if you've found the perfect place for a really good relax. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't mean me?? *said in a hushed whisper* oooh! how exciting :) I love the idea of the 'ottawoman'! what a lovely place to store all your crafting goodies, enjoy your holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is you and I'll catch up with you some how when we get back. Not sure how to get my "contact button" on the side bar, but will work on it.

      Delete
  7. Your ottowoman looks great :) This week has gone by in a whirl... have a good holiday and I'll catch up with you when you get back xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "ottowoman" looks great! Crafting has so much stuff, its great to have somewhere to put it all. I like the names of places in Australia, hope you have a lovely holiday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just to let you know that I have nominated you for an award, the details are on my blog. Please don't feel under any pressure to accept, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete