Sunday 16 August 2015

MID AUGUST ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick post.
Why is it that we seem so busy, but when you look back on the past week, you begin to wonder what you've actually achieved?  I suppose we are still busy sorting, tidying and getting ourselves organised with both house and garden.  It is all coming together slowly.
Last Wednesday these appeared on our roof.

12 solar panels to generate some electricity for us and help the planet.
These won't be up and running properly till they are certified.  The red tape you have to go through these days is mind boggling at times.

Yesterday we visited DD and family and I helped with some craft.  She and the children had been making bookmarks to sell on a stall at the church to raise money for much needed new chairs.  I punched a lot of holes and threaded them with pretty ribbons.  Hope they do well.  I also got one rose pruned for her and also picked a bunch of Earlicheer jonquils to bring home.  I forgot to take camera, so no photos of their efforts, but here's one of the flowers.

Jonquils in vase on end of my  kitchen counter.
Today I did a quick bit of baking and made a Lemon Drizzle loaf and a chocolate slice.  Talking of baking!!  Last week I decided to make some biscuits and prepped my tray, made the mixture, rolled teaspoons of mixture and placed them neatly in rows.  I then went to the oven and OMG, the tray wouldn't fit.  I'd not realised how small this oven is.  I had to take them from the tray and place them onto the smaller slice trays and cook them with only one pan in at a time.  Now that took a lot longer than it should have, so I'll have to do some thinking about that situation.



Notice in the pic above that the cyclamen is still flowering, though I've had to deadhead it a few times.
One last photo to end this post.  I do love the moors when covered in pink/purple heather and I have two lovely plants in my garden which are flowering at the moment.
I'll finish this post now, because sitting here typing is just a tad painful today.  Earlier I asked hubby to help me move something and I got on one end and I think I twisted awkwardly and now have a very sore back.  

 Not sure whether it is the same as the native UK heather, but is still very pretty.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and take care.
Susan.


8 comments:

  1. We had solar panels installed in 2011. I'm unconvinced as to whether they will save the planet, but they certainly make a difference to our fuel bills :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sore backs are a real pain - literally - so take good care of yourself, Susan. Your heathers do look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had solar panels for a couple of years or so now. We're so glad we made that decision. We may not save the planet single-handedly, but it's good to know we might be helping, and it's certainly saving us money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now I want some lemon cake:) Everything seems to be coming along nicely in your new house, and your flowers, as usual, as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your back is much better soon. Take care of it. Go and enjoy a cuppa and a slice of your delicious cake and a cookie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, lemon drizzle cake is one of my favourites. Hope your back feels better soon, it's so easy to put something out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to read that you are OK. All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have solar panels, we LOVE them, and feel very green :) We also have an electric car which we charge mostly off the solar panels - even greener! Hope your back is feeling better,
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete