Friday 15 April 2016

OH DEAR!!!!!!

Yes, it's been a month since I last posted, and I'm not sure there's been too much happening to write about.  Health wise, I'm still struggling with pain due to back and ribs, but we are working on that.  I suppose that is the main reason for being so quiet for 3 weeks, but the last week has been a little adventure and that is why I'm sitting here now.  I had no internet access for 6 out of the 7 days away.
We set off last Thursday in this.
Our caravan.
 We were travelling to Bordertown in South Australia so I could have a little retreat time with a lovely group of ladies who all operate computerised long arm machines similar to mine.  This is organised by Judy at  News from Jude blog.
The first night we stayed at Ararat here in Victoria and we took a leisurely stroll around the lovely small town and as we passed by an Op Shop (charity shop) I saw something in the window that caught my eye and we walked away with it and a freebie the young lady threw in.  Can't show the freebie till the 29/4, but can the other item.  We also had a lovely coffee and scone.

An inexpensive framed print with quilts outside an antique shop, which I thought quite appropriate to our trip.  It will hang in my sewing area. 
Next stop was Keith, not far from Bordertown where we stayed for 3 nights and I went back and forth to Judy's.  I'm sure I'd forgotten to take my brains with me, but did a little stitching on  a binding and started another of my own quilt designs.  I think I just talked too much and learnt so many new things about using the computer side of my machine.  I sometimes feel a bit of a fraud going to these retreats, as I don't quilt for customers anymore, but it was lovely being with like-minded people.
The only photo I took was the one below, as I forgot the camera the first day, but they were all busy doing some of the greatest things, which I didn't photograph, though Judy did.  Permission has been granted to post this.

The "girls".

OK, just another few pics and I will post more about our trip over the weekend.  Been a busy day with lots of washing and grocery shopping as we only got home yesterday.

The derelict gatehouse for the old gaol in Ararat that also housed a ward for the criminally insane.   It is now a technology centre, but there are tours which we may do one day. 

Beautiful golden tree, as it is autumn here in Oz.

The sun going down, taken through the windscreen.
Hope to post again with more over the next few days.
Have a good weekend all and take care.
Susan.

16 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely trip, it's so good to get together with like-minded people. I love the print, you really had to buy that, it's perfect for your sewing area. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It's more the discomfort than anything that is making life difficult, but I'm OK really.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are home safely, and lovely to catch up with you. Was certainly lots of talking and laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy for a lovely weekend and yes we certainly did some laughing too. Take care.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a good trip, how lovely to spend a break with people who have similar interests. Love the picture you bought. I've started stashing bits for when I get my own room later on this year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. You'll love having a room to lose yourself in and I wonder what is going in that stash?

      Delete
  4. I really envy you that caravan - it's one of my fantasies to own one. We are quite timid drivers though, so perhaps the reality would be different. Like you, I can never pass a charity shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pulling a UK caravan is probably a bit easier than ours, as yours are lighter in weight and the roads are usually much better too. We are so big that it means a lot of maintenance over many miles. I don't usually do charity shops much, but every now & then I have a peek.

      Delete
  5. It is lovely spending time with like minded folk - nice one :) Hope the aches and pains are sorting themselves out and leaving you feeling a lot better :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a great weekend with lots of tallking and laughing. I'm learning to understand about the pain & discomfort and I know that it will be OK.

      Delete
  6. That print is a nice find. Autumn is a beautiful time of year, and I love the tree picture. It looks as if you have trees growing in the middle of the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. No the trees are actually the edge of the road beside the footpath. In our street they are on the grass verge. Just depends where you live I suppose.

      Delete
  7. Woo hoo - you got away in the caravan!! Hope you enjoyed being in the Wendy House on wheels, it's been such a long time since you had the opportunity.

    I owe you an email . . . sorry :-{ huggles for now, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in Jayne and yes it was good to use her after all this time. More about our trip hopefully soon. Look forward to that email.

      Delete
  8. Hi Susan!Just dropping in to say hi! Glad you had a good time :) Pity we weren't there for you to drop in and have a cuppa! By the way, Emmie G is up - Dan came around and helped out before we left... trying to get an update on my blog now... Joy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed being able to call in, but will see you when you get back. Good to have Emmie G up and if you need help, just call. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and take care.

      Delete