Wednesday 25 October 2017

WHAT IF?

WHAT IF?
One Saturday, just gone by, we needed milk and to post two birthday cards, so chortled off down town.  After said chores, I decided with camera in car, to get some photos of cute alpacas in a paddock, just out of town.
Very cute aren't they & inquisitive.
Needing to then turn around, we carried on & noticed a road on our right, which we'd never explored & carried on down to a T-intersection where this view greeted us straight ahead.
Gorgeous.
Then we had the "WHAT IF" moment.
Would we turn left or right.  Well, we decided left & went on one of our adventures, going through the Strzelecki Ranges to Mirboo North where we had coffee & went to an over-stuffed plant nursery.
I bought a pretty coral coloured daisy & a mauve scabiosa, which have now been planted.  I'll show some of our garden on another post next month.  Very behind on my blogging.
Through the ranges, there are both pine & native tree species plantations.  Just a quick look at what we saw.
Plantations, old, new & logged.

The steepness of this area.  How they manage to plant & the log it, is beyond me.

Stringy bark gums.

A patch of blue nearer farming country.  What is it you say?

Forget-me-nots gone wild.
On the way home, I quickly snapped this farm dam, sitting high on a flat area of hillside with views beyond.
Dam with views.
OK, I was going to do another one of our days out, but have just run out of time, with lots to do this afternoon.  The next one was "a spur of the moment" or " we keep saying we'll do this", so off we went & did it. 
As it is hump-day, I suppose I'll wish all a good end to the week & see you Friday with the Photo Scavenger Hunt.
That's all folks, take care,
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. I like going off on adventures like this, you never know where the road will take you. Lovely photos and beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. We used to do these sort of - lets just get out and go days, but recently we've been so busy or booked up or whatever, we've not - your views remind me so much of 'home'.The steep sided plantations, hills and far distant views - thank you for sharing
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed & you are making me realise, just how much Africa must be like Australia, especially in the southern part.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, there should be more "what if" moments in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, I wonder how many more interesting little "what if's" there are that you have not found yet.

    I love forget-me-knots, how super to see them wild like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne & I suppose life is a "what if" journey along the way. The forget-me-knots are definitely wild, as they aren't native to Oz. I used to have them up at No.4, but don't have any here now, though I did have one which I've lost.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely impromptu "what if" day you had! I love the forget-me-nots... I love having them in my garden, even though they are meant to be weeds :) xx

    ReplyDelete