Saturday 27 April 2019

APRIL PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT 2019.

Ah, is it nearly the end of April & 4 months gone already, so once again the photo hunt is here.  Linking with the lovely Kate at I live, I love, I craft, I am me.

If it weren't for Kate being my blogging life saver, I wouldn't be posting at all.  More of that another day when I feel like being  my old bouncy self, having mojo & self confidence.
THE PROMPTS........................
1.  EDGE
One Monday whilst having morning tea by myself (DH at his woodworking group),  I noticed several little Jenny wrens pecking about the garden, raced inside, picked up my camera, then spent a good half hour trying to capture them.  They flit about so quickly, but this one caught my eye, standing on the "edge" of a planter.  Isn't she cute.  They belong to the Superb Fairy Wren family, whose male is very blue around the head.
2.  LOAF
I struggled with this one, then found a photo of a loaf from my breadmaker & homemade soup snapped in Ballarat some years ago..  I rarely use my breadmaker since moving here due to the layout of my "badly planned" kitchen.
3.  BRIDGE
This beautiful old suspension bridge (Info below), spans the Kangaroo River many feet below.  I spent many happy hours in the Kangaroo Valley, south of Sydney, with my family as a child.  My Dad loved fossicking for gemstones in the river & I just loved being way out in the country with quietness & nature all around me. Later in life, I learned my maternal great grandfather had been born in this valley.
The above 2 photos were taken last year whilst in Sydney when my little brother was taken ill.

4.  MINE
This photo of a WW11 "mine" was at the World War 11 Bunker near Betka Beach on the East Coast of Victoria, while we camped at Mallacoota a few years ago.  I'd shown previous hunt photos of working mines, so thought outside the box, I hope.
5.  BLACK
 "Black" seaweed on the beach near the Snowy River mouth, again on the east coast of Victoria.
And this one is for Eileen...............A handsome black swan crossing the footpath on Raymond Island, near Paynesville, somewhere we love visiting for the wildlife, namely the many koalas and a multitude of birds.
6.  MY OWN CHOICE
A lone rock in an ocean of blue.  This photo was taken earlier this year from Split Point, Airey's Inlet on the Great Ocean Road on the south western coast of Victoria.  I loved the colours in this photo.

Running late with this due to getting caught up with other bits'n'bobs & although the photos & part of the post written, publishing it had to wait.
I'm off to catch up with the other Hunters, so take care all & huggles.
Susan.

29 comments:

  1. I love your little wren, and the rock is wonderful but your most clever picture is the mine.

    Please don't stop blogging . . . email later. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. At least one of the wren photos was not fuzzy. I won't stop, it's just been harder lately, but it'll come good again soon.

      Delete
  2. I remember the Great Ocean Road from when I was in Oz. Beautiful rock formations and wonderful colour sea. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I often think of you when I put on my Aussie pics, as I know you visited once.

      Delete
  3. Oh, your little jenny wren on the edge is beautiful. Like your interpretation of 'mine' and what a lovely connection with your love of the valley and finding out you had ancestors born there. The black swans at our local lake have had four cygnets and we saw them yesterday - sweet little balls of pale fluff with very proud parents. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Did you know black swans mate for life & it's usually the Dad who looks after the eggs till they hatch. They can be quite feisty, which our youngest son knows all about (giggle). Take care.

      Delete
  4. A lovely set of photos again. I do like that last one, the blue ocean is mesmerising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I'm glad you enjoyed this lot. Some days the sea can be the most wonderful colour. Take care.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos as ever Susan, you seem to pull them out the hat each month and give us something interesting and different - thank you.
    I owe you an email - and I will get to it this week - life has a habit of getting in the way of good intentions xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate & I do try hard & so enjoy the photo hunts. Keeps the eyes looking & the grey matter working too. It keeps me focused & I should be thanking you for starting this. Take care.

      Delete
  6. Great photos and stories. Some interesting interpretations of Hawthorn's words! My favourite has to be the wren/edge photo; such a cutie. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. I love trying to capture birds & we are lucky to have many visit the garden.

      Delete
  7. A sweet little wren, well done capturing that one. We have a beautiful Mrs Blackbird who takes a bath in our birdbath every morning, but she's shy and as soon as I point the camera she flies off.
    Lovely selection this month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. As I pointed out above, I love watching the birds & we also have blackbirds who just love throwing the mulch around, so as to make me work, sweeping it all up so they can scratch it all back again & so it goes on.(lol)

      Delete
  8. The wren is adorable Susan and I also love your own choice. The sea is a gorgeous colour. I have not seen a black swan in years so enjoyed that photo too.

    Keep on blogging if it makes you happy. I think most of us struggle with self confidence.Your blog is lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza. We only seem to get the wrens at certain times of the year, but I always love seeing them, along with the other birds. Lots of black swans here, as they are our native swans. I'll stay blogging & I try to do at least 2 (or more)posts per month. Now the cold weather has hit, may do a few more. Take care.

      Delete
  9. Wow, that mine is impressive, even though it would have been a tad dangerous in the day.
    Enjoyed your pics :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely selection.
    My favourites are the black swan and your last choice … the colours are amazing.

    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I also love the colours in the last one.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful! The EDGE picture is so pretty! Best wishes from France.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, that rock in the blue water is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love every of these pictures. The bridge, the swan, the wren, your bread and soup; they are interesting and beautiful. Nice job, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great collection. I'm struggling with blogging (and commenting!) at the moment too... life is just too busy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise & I understand what you mean, but try to just stick to checking emails & blogs to keep my computer time down & enjoy life as it comes. Theses hunts are good as I love photography. Take care.

      Delete
  15. Just put a form at the bottom of my blog, though not sure that it will work!!! Try filling it in and I hope I get it. If it doesn't work than I will reply on your blog and you can then delete it.

    ReplyDelete