Saturday 13 April 2019

WHATS ON............................

The design wall.............
The flower fairy panels that I showed on a Photo Scavenger Hunt have now become a baby quilt, yet to be quilted & bound.  I don't know any baby girls, but it will be there when I need one.

The big machine...............
Well this was, when I decided to do this post a couple of days ago.  It's now off along with the smaller one & await their bindings.

The craft table........
A doily DD gave me one day when she was having a cleanup.  I embroidered, then did a crochet edging & will give it to Missy Moo next time I see her.  Hope she likes it.

The floor...................
A Rainbows pack (aka jelly roll), I opened & have decided to do another 2 quilts from the one pack.  In other words watch this space to see what I've designed & do with it.

On the washing line........

Two backing fabrics awaiting their turn for the machine.

DH's work bench......................
A very old Singer sewing machine we found for $25 at an antique place, lying on the ground, covered in soil, rust & dust, which hubby is cleaning up for me to use as a prop in quilt photos.  It doesn't have the usual bobbin, but a shuttle & I've looked up the approximate date from the serial number plate & as far as I can tell, it is around circa 1874.

The rug.................
A little basket hubby has made & which is now being stained.  Isn't it cute?

We had a little jaunt out yesterday, as it was warm & sunny.  We knew the weather today was going to be overcast, cooler & maybe miserable.  I got to have a water fix!  To Coronet Bay on Westernport.
Continuing with the ON theme.

The way...............
Looking across the hills, you'll notice that it still quite dry with patches of green.

The roadside................
A lovely old timber cattle ramp.  Could be worth remembering for those quilt photo shoots.

The water...............
Many black swans, which I'm not sure I've seen on Westernport Bay in the past.  Maybe we've not been at the right time, but there must have been hundreds scattered around on the water.

The sand.................
Many shells crunching under our feet.  You couldn't really avoid them, but they were so pretty.

The beach.................
Some small sailing dinghies.

A stone.......................
A large green grasshopper.  He did hop back to the grass that runs alongside the top of the beach.

A bench.................
This is a depiction of a Tasmanian Tiger & was part of a small sculpture trail with some information about Coronet Bay & it's surrounds by a local sculptor & also a few made by school children too-
A rock.................
One by the children.  I found it hard to take a photo so you could see it properly, but it depicted a birthday party with cake & presents.

A sign........................
Not much to say here, as the words say it all.

Enough of my nonsense today. 
I've been lagging behind on so much & I really must stop procrastinating & just do, not worry about what other people might think or not think and get on with life.
I've had a bit of fun with this post and am also trying to think outside the box for our April Scavenger Hunt, so spent a bit of time browsing my photo archives.  Best now get our tea on & publish this.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, take care all & huggles.
Susan.


18 comments:

  1. Well done Susan, very clever post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And people think ~~ I ~~ have too much on the go at one time 🙂 You make me exhausted just thinking of all your projects {hug}. I have some shuttles and bobbins left over from the days when I collected old machines. I will dig them out for you, won't take up too much room in your suitcase and it will be great that they go to a good home.

    Oh, and scr*w what other people think . . . if someone does not like what you are doing, or what you are posting, that is THEIR problem and nothing to do with you. I'll disrespectfully point you to the "Retirement rules" on my recent blog. The more I look at that little image, the more I think it is absolutely spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne for the lovely comment & can't wait to see the shuttles. I've not seen one for years..... Remember that I seem to post what we do in batches & some things may have been on the go for a while on the craft front. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Such a varied blog post. The flower fairy panels will make a beautiful baby quilt. I do like the old sewing machine, what a great find and the basket your husband made for you is lovely, what will you put in it? What a nice day out you had, I've never seen a black swan before, I believe they are very rare here in the UK.
    As to what other people think, take no notice, blog for yourself, it's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. The poor machine looked so lonely & neglected & deserved better at it's age. Not sure what I'll put in the basket, but have an idea to pop in a jar & use for pretty fresh flowers. Black swans are native to Oz, so it's all we've got. We saw some at Chartwell when we visited there in 2016.

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, I love the colours in your large quilt on the machine. It matches the lovely colours in your beach photos, I'm longing to see the sea, hope we get to the coast soon. The Tasmanian tger sculpture is great and I love your old Singer Sewing machine. I still have my Mum's but compared to your's it's a youngster, made in 1939. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. The sculptures were only small & there was a shark on one of the picnic tables. I've an old treadle too & it's about 1915. I bought it in Tasmania, when we lived there & it just needs a new belt. It's on one of my older posts with a quilt on it. Take care.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed this post - thank you.
    Those flower fairy panels will make a lovely baby quilt.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. The other 9 panels are in a quilt I made for a great niece who lives in UK.

      Delete
  6. Lots of lovely things you have both been working on.
    The quilt is beautiful and the sweet basket is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, we like to keep busy in our retirement.

      Delete
  7. Hello, I came over from "View From Bag End...

    Oh how lovely, to be able to walk along the sea!!!!!!

    "I really must stop procrastinating & just do, not worry about what other people might think or not think and get on with life." Yes, you must!!! :-)

    Who cares what anyone else thinks?????

    And actually, they probably are so caught up with their own thoughts, that they may not be judging us, anyway. ,-) All in all, forget *them*! :-)

    ✨ 🍥 ✨

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are getting sewing done!! Love that sewing machine! When you said you found an old one, didn't realize it was that old!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Imagine the stories that machine could tell.

      Delete
  9. I love that sewing machine and I envy you for that. I spend my time procrastinating so don't worry about it!! Just starting to get hot here which I love and I am going out on my bike shortly to take in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Enjoy your Spring weather as we start to cool down, though it's probably not quite as autumn like as it usually is for April.

      Delete
  10. I love the Flower Fairy panels, they'll make such a pretty quilt for a little girl. Lovely to see some photos from your day out too. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my last post about the death of my mum and for the lovely card you sent, it's really helped to know that people have been thinking about me during this terrible time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo & yes we've certainly been thinking of you. I'll be in touch soon. Take care & huggles.

      Delete