Saturday 29 June 2019

JUNE PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT.

Time again to link with Kate over at I live, I love, I craft, I am me, for the photo hunt.
Our words were a good mix & I found it hard to stick to one, so have doubled up on a few.

1.  NOTICE.
I took this photo many years ago at a Museum in Broken Hill, thinking how my Dad was a proficient morse code operator in his youth.  He started work at 14 as a telegram boy, then was promoted to learn the above.  As time went on he saw much technology come & go.
Now this sign (taken last year in Queensland), tickled my sense of humour.  Again I thought of Dad in his latter years with dementia & wondered how many of us can relate to these circumstances with family or friends as we age.
2.  SPOTTED.
Last Thursday, DH & I had a lovely small walk & spotted a lady out with her young pups in the park.
They are Pointer pups & have ....SPOTS......  There were 3 in this group & another 6 curled up together too.  Now that makes 9...whew, a lot of puppies, but the Mum actually had 12 & three had already gone to their long term homes.  I'd not had my spotted photo, so as well as being able to cuddle one of the pups, having my camera with me meant I had my last photo too.

3.  STARTS WITH A K.....
This photo & the one below were taken many years ago at No.4, our previous home in this suburb.
                      The kookaburra shown in our Maple, visited regularly for a number of years.

4.  COBWEB.
                                          Cobwebs on a misty morn on our small Magnolia.

5.  STEP.
Another 2 for 1 moment.
Stone steps jutting from a beautiful stone wall, to make climbing over easier.  I remember this was in a village called Sawley, Lancashire, where we had a wander through such pretty scenery.
Not being able to make up my mind, I had to show this old trolley bus at the Ballarat Tram Museum, which we visited earlier this year.  The steps on the outside to the open top are interesting.  I remember trolley buses in Sydney when I was a child & always found them fascinating.  There were very few places where they ran in the 50's, but we were lucky to be able to catch one to a great aunt's place.  Not quite the same as this one.

6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
Sunday & Monday mornings this week just gone.
Around 10am on Sunday, after eating a crumbly biscuit, I went outside to shake off the crumbs, heard a most unusual sound & looked up to the sky.  What did I see, but this hot air balloon drifting right above my head.  It was amazing & I've never seen one here before.  They fly over Melbourne & the Yarra Valley, but not this far east.  I ran inside, got my camera & took a few photos & this was my favourite with the moon.  It was even in our local free paper on Friday, so must have been a real "one off."
4 good frosts in a row, have made for very cold mornings with our pond freezing over, as in the photo above.   Brrrr!!!!!
Well, I know I'm running a bit late, but do hope you enjoy.
I'm off to link up & hopefully see what the other hunter's have come up with.
Take care all, huggles Susan.

27 comments:

  1. Looking at the last photo I find it hard to equate with the extremely warm sunny weather we've had here over the last few days. I like the trolley bus and the second notice made me smile but my favourite just has to be the curled up pups - definitely an 'awww' moment there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. I'd love one of the pups, but I get cuddles from a few friends dogs, so that will have to do, though I got heaps of smiles & hugs from a 9 month old baby girl today, which I haven't done for ages. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Your notices are wonderful. Clever you to spot the spotty puppies. Beloved has been in a balloon flight but I don't fancy it. However we have had one drift over our fields a few years ago and you could hear the burner working to keep it afloat. I daresay we will soon be having frosty weather! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Luckily I like sign spotting, so had many to choose from, but didn't use one that might seem a bit raunchy for blog readers (lol). Balloons are fascinating aren't they?

      Delete
  3. Not late at all. Always great to see Kate's words from your point of view. You can keep the frost though . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. Warmer morning so far this weekend.

      Delete
  4. All lovely photos but I bet you can guess my favourites, yes, the pups and the kookaburra. Awww, those gorgeous little pupsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Knew you'd love the animal/bird photos.

      Delete
  5. Like I said on the phone, I love your chosen pics this month! You do so well to find amazing pics for this challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super photos, Susan. I love the Kookaburra and the spotty puppies also the trolly bus. Love both notices too. It's been hot here so I could just reach out and touch the ice in your pond:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I did think K could cover a few Aussie animals too. Not quite as cold this morning.

      Delete
  7. Susan, I've just seen your comment on Lovely Lady's post, re looking for a step counter. Google 'Omron Walking Style IV', it's the one I have. Simple to use, counts what you need to be counted without all the fancy bits, and doesn't need an app. I don't know if you can get them over there but you might find someone over here on ebay or Amazon who will post to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. I'll have a browse when I have some free time.

      Delete
  8. Fancy seeing all those spotted puppies. What luck and what a treat! Balloons are beautiful , so mesmerising to watch glide by. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza. The puppies were gorgeous & just lucky that I've usually got my camera to hand. It basically lives near the kitchen, so I can grab for outside here or take in the car or on walks. Do you use your phone or a camera?

      Delete
  9. Lovely pictures and words this month. The puppies and trolley bus are terrific choices but the kookaburra has to have a special mention as immediately the song called Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree, sung as a 'round' immediately brought back happy memories of being a brownie and then a guide when at school in Lusaka, now Zambia. Oh dear ...now I have it on my mind. Thanks Susan!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I'm surprised that you sang our Kookaburra song & as a round, the same as us, but all the way across the ocean in Zambia. I keep singing it now too, along with, Row, row your boat. Aren't we a silly pair (giggle).

      Delete
  10. Thanks John. It's odd at times with weather, but we are in the opposite seasons & we'll just plod on with whatever the weather throws at us. And dear me, I know that is a tram & runs on tracks & not wheels. What was I thinking. I caught trolley buses to Doll's Point in Sydney so should know the difference, especially as I come from a transport mad family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your balloon photo. It reminds me of when I used to live near Bristol, which has a balloon festival every year. Hundreds just hanging in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Those mass sightings must be amazing.

      Delete
  12. A lovely selection for this months words.
    The balloon picture is very magical.
    How lovely to see the 9 spotty pups and also to get to cuddle some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. It was lovely cuddling the pups.

      Delete
  13. I love the trolley bus and those puppies are so cute - great set of pictures as always Susan ... Stay warm x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great selection here.
    Love the trolly bus, that is rather special.
    The spotty puppies are cute :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun photos, those pups are adorable and so is the sweet kookaburra! I've been on a balloon ride, I love that the moon is in the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great collection of photos. I love the cobweb!

    ReplyDelete