Thursday 18 July 2019

NONSENSE!!

Just a little catchup for mid month with some finishes by DH & myself.  A few mischievous bits too.

THE NONSENSE.
My little heat bear just popped out of the microwave & sat waiting for me.  Actually DH had warmed him up & pulled him out quickly & I couldn't help but take this photo as he looked like he was posing.  DH calls him cyclops as he lost an eye many years ago.

KNITTING.
This jumper was started a few years ago & finished late last year, but sat in my work basket waiting to be sewn up & the neckband done.  It happened this week.  Never sure whether I like all that purl work on the outside or not.  Not been worn yet.
Ah, those socks I started way back when, on two needles, now sewn with a seam down the back & of a size to fit a giant.  Not bad as a first effort, but I wonder who'll wear them.  Way too big for me.

CROCHET.
A very odd crochet rug I made up as I went along to use some of the wool from my late mother's stash, which I brought home many years ago.  I will donate it to a nursing home as a knee rug.

WOODWORK.
 I showed these in the making last month and now they are finished & waiting to go to a local craft shop for sale.
 These tea light holders were a surprise for me.  Aren't they sweet.
The experimenting with pens continues, but this is one I snatched early on & it lives in my graph book folder.  I'll have an exciting one to show soon........watch this space.

QUILTING.
I've been waiting for some nice weather, but alas, it hasn't happened, so I took these inside and although not good photos, they'll have to suffice.
Cafe Culture.
Many years ago I purchased this very French cafe type fabric (around 2004/5) & designed a small quilt/wall hanging to feature it.  I'll admit that it has been finished for a long time, but never shown on my blog and it will soon be off to a new owner as a gift.
Tweet Tweet.
Another of my designs featuring bird fabric.  I know I showed this in the making whilst living in Ballarat and again never showed once finished.  This will be staying around for a while longer.

The two below were made from magazines in the very late 90's, early 2000's, but only quilted last month.  I'm trying to make a dent in my UFO pile.

Eternal Spring by Beth Hayes & probably from McCalls Quilting mag.

Yuletide Surprise by Mary Jobe Mason & also from McCalls Quilting mag. using a Jinny Beyer border print.
These two will probably be gifted as well.
I had tried to capture some photos of the garden, but with all our gloomy days this month, not much has been happening,, so that could be a post later this month depending on the vagaries of the weather gremlins.😖
We've a very busy month or so coming up with lots of appointments, car club AGM & car boot sale, little brother's yearly review for NDIS, which is a lot of work, so may need a blog break to fit all this in.  Enough from me, but I will catch up again for the photo hunt next Friday.
Take care all & huggles, Susan.




12 comments:

  1. So many lovely finishes between the two of you. I've stopped knitting things which need sewing up now, they wait too long to be finished off as it's the worst part of a project for me. Both your jumper and your socks are lovely, such a shame that the socks are too big for you though, what size shoe do you take? Wouldn't they fit over another pair of socks to wear inside boots when the weather's really cold? Your quilts are all beautiful, as usual, and hubby's woodwork is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I've an idea about the socks, but have to keep Mum about them.

      Delete
  2. What a lot of beautiful craftwork you both have been doing. The woodwork is outstanding, I have a pen that a friends husband made for me.
    The socks are great, could they be used as a gift for someone? or maybe you could donate then to the same place the as quilt if someone is in bed and needs to keep their feet warm and cosy. Fabulous quilting, you are both very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. The pens make great small gifts & are easy to post. See above reply about socks.

      Delete
  3. I am once again able to comment on your blog (woop woop!) you have been quite artful with your photos so sod the grotty weather :D The Hot-Teddy looks cute sitting there like that xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee!!! Thanks Kate & glad all the tech stuff is sorted. Trouble with this house is that both natural & artificial light are woeful & the photos just don't come up the best quality, but I try. Heat bags are essential for pain control when you can't take pain medication & he's so cute. I've had him a long time......

      Delete
  4. Susan, your knitting is beautiful. The sweater is gorgeous, and cute socks. Also, the woodwork is adorable. All of your finishes are super. I guess the cool weather has its up side. Thank you for the nice comment on my blog; I actually didn't have an interest in making a disappearing nine patch, but now that I have tried the block, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. I'm going to wear my sweater today. Also have an idea for a future disappearing 9 patch.

      Delete
  5. Love your bear as he looks so loved and that is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! K has been busy! I’ll have to show the pic to dad 😀 All your quilts are beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I've fallen in love with your bear! LOL!
    That is such a great photograph you've shared.

    Lovely to see all your knits too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete