Friday 28 February 2020

FEBRUARY PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT...2020

Linking up for the second hunt of 2020 with Kate from I live, I love, I craft, I am me.
Our list of words for this month, weren't necessarily tough, but the weather has not been conducive for getting out much, even with it being summer.  Had to do quite a bit of searching through the archives & photo bombing inside.😖  I've also come up with a few doubles & a little bottom heavy(lol), you'll see what I mean as you scroll down!!
So here goes.....

1.  HEART/S.
Can you see the heart shapes indented into this rock?  I took the photo at Smith's Beach on Phillip Island some years ago.  I often wonder how rocks get to look as they do with etchings or bands of beautiful colour.  Our world is so fascinating!😖
2.  REPAIR.
I thought of many things for this word & then DH got involved & suggested repairs to our lovely MM which has happened many times over the years since we got her in 1991.  In August 2015, it was decided her timber tray back needed replacing & I happened to take a few photos of the progress.  Looking through the folder of photos, DH spotted this one & said, ooh, that one is good.
After the next photo, you'll know why I underlined a certain word.😊
3.  TAIL.

Left was the obvious one I chose to start with.
I took this photo at Melbourne Zoo a few years ago when we went with DD, Master L & Missy Moo.  I was looking at the peacock, camera in hand & he suddenly opened his tail & stood looking at me as though waiting for me to take his photo.  I obliged.






Next as I was looking at other photos, I realised that so many people are fascinated by our local wildlife, that I'd pop on this one too, to feature the size & strength of a kangaroo's tail.  Er!!  That underlined word has just made another appearance in this photo & I wasn't going to use it, but DH thought the coincidence was funny & everyone may get a good laugh.  Certainly need to smile with so much in amongst all the bad news this year seems to be inflicting on this huge rotating orb.


4.  KEY.
Me being silly once again.  I thought of so many for this one & failed to get out to find a few I'd thought of.  Hence a photo was needed of something & as the last few days have been quite dark, dreary & wet, I needed to put my thinking cap on.  Here we have piano keys, a timber key rack & an old style key on a big ring made at Sovereign Hill (based on a gold mining town) in Ballarat.  And why the monkey?  Monkey ends with "key"....ha ha!  This one with it's rather flat tail, was eldest son
A's, when he was little & he chewed that tail.
5.  KNOT.
I had this one in mind for heart, but when I couldn't find my old Macrame Knot plant hanger, I changed my mind and chose my Colonial Knot embroidery of a heart.  Again I took this photo yesterday & the light just didn't do anything justice.
6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
Can I have 2 again?
                                              A dream space for a sewing studio.......yes?
This garden room is at Harlow Carr, the RHS garden in Harrogate, North Yorkshire where they hold talk, lectures etc. and I think it is gorgeous.  Or you could be viewing this from it's windows...........
                                                        Aren't you ever so cute Mr. Caterpillar?
Also photographed at Harlow Carr last year in August.  I really must catch up on some posts about our trip, as I've lots of lovely photos.
OK, that's my lot of being a bit wacky this time.  Hopefully there will be lots of giggles.
Thanks Kate for supplying the words & now I'm off to link up.
Take care all & huggles.
Susan.


20 comments:

  1. Very good Susan, glad you posted the other photo, did make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely photos there. I do love to see a peacock in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. They really do have the most wonderful coloured tail. Our lyrebirds have intricate tails, but they are only a drab brown colour.

      Delete
  3. Oh the peacock is so fabulous - aren't they splendid - and Mr Kangaroo - we never managed to get that close to one. But your hearts definitely win for me - isn't nature just great - and as you say Susan we need to smile as much as we can when the planet's getting bombarded the way it is at the minute.
    That room would be perfect for writing and your keys tickled me :).
    Thank you for the lovely smiles this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. I did think there would be quite a few peacock tails for that word. I'm glad you liked the heart & keys & you could put on a smile.

      Delete
  4. I love the peacock...they are amazing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo for key is great; love the selection and that you let monkey join in! I've not been to Harlow Carr for many, many years. That room could be useful to sew in but it needs more glass to let the light in all day. Peacock displays are amazing, isn't nature amazing? My favourite photo by the way. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. I am trying to think outside the box. Harlow Carr was lovely last August & I'll try & do some more posts of our trip during March (my March resolution, so hold me to that). Is the more glass, tongue in cheek? Glad everyone likes the peacock.

      Delete
  6. I have scrolled down to the 'bottom' and loved all your pictures. The peacock is beautiful but my favourite must be the caterpillar at Harlow Carr. Not been there for ages. Hope your weather improves - we just need the rain to stop. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Glad you liked the caterpillar, as I also thought him gorgeous, so as Spring comes, you should take a trip over to Harrogate to see it.

      Delete
  7. Great choices, I love the peacock but my favourite has to be the kangaroo - I wish we had some of those over here :) I'm not taking part this month, having recently lost little Sophie 'tail' was too difficult to think about. I've recently written a book review though and hopefully I'll do the photo challenge next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice for at least taking a look at the other photo hunters. In Nth Yks, there is a sanctuary of some sort, which has wallabies that you can see. I'll try & find out where it is. I think somewhere around the Sutton Bank area, as there is a road sign featuring a kangaroo, just like over here. (giggle).

      Delete
  8. Love your choice of photos especially the hearts in the rock and the peacock's tail:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning embroidery.
    Love the key one, why didn't I think of piano key, we have a piano too.
    What a nice peacock to fan the tail just at the required moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Julie. Do you play? Very obliging peacock.

      Delete
  10. Morning - I did think I'd commented, but now wonder if I never pressed publish, lovely photos and stories :) thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I've left comments at times & they've never shown, so maybe it's just a quirky glitch occasionally.

      Delete
  11. That peacock, so beautiful and how nice that he decided to show off for you. Great keys, all of them!

    ReplyDelete