Tuesday 10 March 2020

UK 2019 Lotherton Hall.

Here I am trying to do some catching up on our trip from last year.  My blogging friend Jo did a post of Lotherton recently & that has spurred me on to make an effort & hopefully I'll get the long overdue posts done over the next 2 months!!!!
As we wandered the gardens I took quite a few snaps of bits that caught my eye, so here goes.............

I can't help myself when it comes to unusual trees & have to take a pic.

Topiary is such a creative way to tackle the shaping of shrubs & trees.
It never fails to impress me.

Ah, wisteria covering the wall, which must smell heavenly in Spring & bergenias dancing at it's feet.

And this as we strolled through the gardens.
Not as many photos as I thought I had, but lucky me was allowed to take this photo inside the house, as I'd been talking to one of the volunteers about the beautiful music instruments.
Two of my favourites.
Outside once again & into the old stables (I think) and what did we see, but carriages of all shapes & sizes.

I found trying to take photos of all the different carriages difficult due to space restrictions, but these two photos show a few of what was in there.
We had a picnic lunch on some lawn, then went for a stroll further along the estate road & found these.
Deer under the trees.
Just a quick post in amongst all our commitments this week, but I will be back on Friday (after my dental visit for 2 fillings😓) to join with Kate for our 5 on Friday Gratitude post.  Must put some more trip posts together along with what mischief we've been getting up to of late.
At least we have a few fine & warm days before another cold front blows in from the south-west.
This rather strange weather has been playing havoc with me, as I have 2 chillblains on my toes & one on a finger.  Shouldn't have any till at least the end of May, but with our cooler than average days, they think it's time already.
OK, I'm calling time on this.
Take care all & huggles from Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got there. No photos of Wildlife World? We love Lotherton, there's so many different areas and walks, plenty to see and do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we finally went. Pity you couldn't show us around. We didn't see Wildlife World, but maybe next time!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about chillblains Susan...such weird weather ..24deg today though. Something to smile about... On another note I had a filling today..I really don't like going to the dentist :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Lovely few days coming up, so that's great. Do you go to Bank Place Dental? I'll see you tomorrow after all now.

      Delete
  3. Looks a nice place to visit in summer for the gardens. I'm assuming from your mention of the musical instruments that photos aren't allowed inside the house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice & I'm not sure about not taking photos, but I did ask, just in case. I've been caught out before & am very careful about what, where, when I snap at times.

      Delete
  4. A nice selection of pictures from your visit.
    Hoping all goes well at the dentist for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Luckily I've a very nice dentist.

      Delete
  5. I did enjoy seeing your photographs.
    Hope the dentist visit went well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete