Friday 25 September 2020

SEPTEMBER SCAVENGER PHOTO HUNT.

Linking up with the lovely Kate from I live, I love, I craft, I am me for the September hunt. 
1.SEASONAL.
Our lovely Wonga vine.
I think this is of the larger Acer family.  I love the hairy flowers.
The 2 photos above were taken, one this morning (top) & the other earlier this month.
2. FAVOURITE SEAT/PLACE TO SIT.
On Tuesday we headed for Inverloch, the first time in many months to get a sea fix & although the weather turned nasty, it was lovely watching the sky change colour, the waves breaking over the jetty and a rainbow appearing, disappearing & then reappearing.  Somewhere we like to sit, whether in the car, on the sand or at one of many tables available along the foreshore.  Didn't have to worry about social distancing that day due to the weather.  Hopefully once the weather is better,. we'll have a proper walk on the beach.
3. COMFORTABLE/COSY.
Taken before I started to TRY & post this.
The fire lit (cold & wet today) and my finished Panademia quilt, which will keep me cosy & some of my favourite magazines to read, when I'm not busy.
4. DELIGHT/ED/FUL.
Well, I'm delighted with this lot even though you may all be horrified at the messy look & the amount.
I've now labelled many of the quilts which still reside here and am on a roll with getting them all archived too.
5. MICRO/MINI/TEENY TINY.
My first blueberries forming & although I took this close up, they are still very teeny.

This is my own choice.
Somehow or another I'm having lots of trouble with this new blogger, which isn't the same as what I was using when they first suggested to try it out.  It has changed completely again.😠
The above photo was taken on Tuesday on the way home from Inverloch and as you can see by the trees it was blowing a gale, the sky was once again darkening, but I did think it would be a lovely spot to take "quilt" photos in the WILD.
When the weather is nicer perhaps.

OK, that's my lot for this Hunt and as to whether I post or not again, will remain to be seen.
This has been the biggest PA-LAVA I've dealt with recently.

W H Y ???????????
Take care all, stay safe and huge huggles from down under.
Susan. 

21 comments:

  1. Oh no, I hate it when a blog format changes. I always try to cling to the same format, I don't like change. Hope you can get used to it or change back? Lovely photos. All those quilts! You will always be cosy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm the same with change, but this seems to have been a double dose with me getting used to it on the last 2 posts & now that we've all got to use it & can't go back to the original version, it seems to have changed again. Yes, lots of quilts, but I love designing & playing with fabric.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word those quilts (and other photos) are gorgeous. Do you attach little hand stitched labels with your name and date on them? I really must start doing that and being more adventurous with my quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. Yes, I'm hand stitching small ones I've taught myself to do on the computer with inkjet printable fabric. I'll pop an email through with some info.

      Delete
  3. I agree with blogger being difficult and different - I find I struggle putting in photos in the position I want, then if you move them they vanish????? Any hoo back to your photos and stories - lovely ones, especially the stormy skies and rainbow from your day out to Inverloch.
    thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I nearly didn't do it with all these changes. Why so different & you've got to watch that you aren't doing it in HTML, which I know nothing about & when my photos came up as a whole lot of text I freaked out. I played with the buttons at the top & worked some of it out. We've another few days of this weather & there has even been snow in Ballarat, which we may get tomorrow. Brrrr!!!!

      Delete
  4. Why do people change things when the current systems work and everyone is happy with them?? I'm convinced any changes only ever benefit the ones who made them! I'm struggling with the recent Wordpress changes so I'm dreading going back to my Blogger blog.

    I love the colourful quilts and the rainbow over the jetty but my favourite is the last one - I could look at that view all day long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. I definitely don't like the changes. Glad you liked the last one as I love the hills around Gippsland & they are so green at the moment due to good rainfall over the last few months.

      Delete
  5. I tried writing a blog post the other day and had problems with the photos, either not being able to move them or they disappeared so I gave up. I will try again though hopefully sometime soon.
    There was nothing wrong with the old Blogger and the changes are awful.
    Your photos are lovely, I hope you won't give up on blogging Susan.
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I'll persevere with the changes & learn to use it, so wont give up just yet. Although I'm not very tech cluey, I'll give you a hand via email if you need it.

      Delete
  6. That last photo looks very moody with the dark skies. I haven't heard one person say they like the new Blogger version, it's such a pain but I'm sure we'll get used to it in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. The sky has been moody for the last week & should start clearing middle of next week. Been extremely cold & weird for this late in September. I'll try & get used to the new blogger, as I don't want to lose the wonderful friends of made via this media.

      Delete
  7. You can add me to the list on people wanting to go back to the old blogger format. I'm managing to prepare posts but it takes so much longer and then, they change something, yet again. GRRRRR. All those quilts - you have been busy. I do like the Panademia quilt (my favourite photo). I also liked your last photo. Hope the snow avoids you and please don't send it here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. I even tried to complain about it in the "help" bit, but nothing came up. Some of those quilts were made in the late 80's/early 90's and ever since & I do give lots away. I should try & email you about something..

      Delete
  8. I too loved your Panademia quilt but my favourite picture has to be the stormy skies taken during your outing to Inverloch. Keep well and safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I love the fascination of storms with the changing skies. I surprised myself that quilt & getting it all done so quickly, even the label.

      Delete
  9. Oh, I just love your photos this time around. The jetty picture and the last one are my favorites. I do like to be out walking when there's a gale, especially anywhere near a body of water, but a picture of your lovely quilts on that fence would be spectacular!💖

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I could do a quilt photo like yours, love the fire burning, and that last photo shows the wind so well. Certainlly been some wild weather lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see a photograph of Wonga vine, what a great name.
    Liked your last photograph too, those skies look quite dark and moody don't they.

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you'll soon get used to the changes... I've not really used blogger in the last couple of months so not sure what's different now but if there's anything I can help you with, just let me know. I can't guarantee a fast response but I'll do what I can :)

    A lovely collection of photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely photos, from what I can see of your quilts, they look beautiful! I love that last photo, I can almost feel the wind.
    I think I've gotten the hang of the new blogger, but I still prefer the old one.

    ReplyDelete