Monday 29 March 2021

YORVIK - A DreAMi POST.

 

                                     Linking with Sandra from mmm.quilts chasing squirrels.


Designing this quilt while in lockdown last year, I'd not really thought about making it, as I've so many on my laptop & in my graph book, that it was way down the list.  I happened to show it to someone (along with a few others I'd printed off) & she admired it & said it could be a good QAL, but as I can't write instructions very well, it became a "squirrel" & told me, "Make Me".  It was made from fabric from my stash & the back is leftover backing fabrics cobbled together.  It has been quilted with a pattern call Snowglobes.

On the design board, unquilted but all sewn together.

And now for 2 hero photos, taken this afternoon, but not quite what I had in mind, as we had limited time after visiting the dentist this morning for our final appointments for now.
Taken at Lancey Lookout with the South Gippsland hills in the background.
Outside a derelict old building in Korumburra which we think may have once been a shop & residence.

OK, as I'm running way behind on this, it is short and sweet.  Thanks Sandra for hosting this each month.
Take care all, stay safe & huggles from down under.
Susan.
BTW:  Had a mild reaction to the Covid vaccination, but feel fine today.


10 comments:

  1. That quilt is stunning and I love how you have posed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. Love trying to do a good photo shoot. Hope you are feeling a little less tired after your jab.

      Delete
  2. It's a lovely quilt Susan. Glad you've had your Covid jab and are OK after it, I have my second one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen & hope your second one is OK, supposedly worst than the first one, I'm hearing. Luckily our second one is scheduled for 19th June.

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely quilt. I like how you've taken it outdoors for a photoshoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo & it is a bit of fun in these hard times & I've not bee using my camera as much lately.

      Delete
  4. It turned out so pretty Susan! I love photographing quilts in the wild and seeing them photographed as yours is. A wow factor! Glad to hear you're feeling better. I hear the second shot is very hard on some people; ours should happen sometime between now and end of June. We had our first March 15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra for hosting these & I realise we both love taking our quilts outdoors for photoshoots. Our 2nd shot is June 19 & must admit to not looking forward to it, after feeling sort of strange with this one.

      Delete
  5. Your quilt is so pretty, and especially in the landscape photos. I’m glad your reaction to the vaccine was short-lived. Just keep thinking of how wonderful it will be to be able to live (hopefully) more normal lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine. I quite like showing off some of the wonderful scenery in our corner of south eastern Victoria.

      Delete