Saturday 31 December 2022

WRAPPING UP 2022 in quilts mainly for now.


 This is a post for myself really with what I've done on the quilting front, where some have gone & thinking about 2023.

What I quilted this year from the beginning of the year, some recent & a few very old.

Celtic Garden of Hope.
One of my own designs.

Easy Peasy Baby quilt for our Podiatrist who had a little girl this year.
My design which is great quick one.

Macaron Mystery quilt, from a QAL by Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs blog.
This quilt was sent to UK as a wedding gift for a very good friend's daughter.

Wacky One, another of my own designs.

Baby Pop Star, another QAL (and the one below).  This was run by Sandra Walker from mmmquilts & I gave the one above to car club friends who had a baby boy earlier this year.
The one below is still with me.


Empire Stars is made with a block pattern by Judy Martin.
These 4 blocks sat for a long time waiting to be made into something, as I'd had a few problems getting them to all be the same size.  I ended up with this after I changed the layout & border setting & am quite pleased with it.
The three quilts shown below were on a recent post and were from the naughty pile, waiting for years to be quilted & bound.  All finally done, though the tub of shame has filled a little again.
Starlet, from an old magazine pattern.

Star Struck, another from an old magazine & I custom quilted this one.

Bow Tie Magic, from some blocks in a Mary Ellen Hopkins book, the turned into a strippy at a retreat with Kay England way back around 2000.
This has been gifted to a little boy along with one from last year for his baby brother.

Charm Medallion, a lovely pattern by Cheryl Brickey from her book Just One Charm Pack.
Had fun making this.

A quilt finished very recently both in piecing & quilting which needs a better name than,
JUST BECAUSE.
Any suggestion?
 
Churn Dash Twist.
A squirrel that happened when I saw a sewalong on another blog, which I didn't participate in but had to give a try. 

That's my round up on the quilty front & as it is again a hot muggy day around 33 deg, I'm skiving off earlier than I was going to to get tea ready, watch some Yorkshire Vet tonight, then the fireworks displays from either Sydney or Melbourne.
I'll post this and link up with Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs even though I'm not a designer, pattern writer or such with very few quilt followers.
I'll be back hopefully with a few more catchups of days out etc. in the new year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all, take care and hugs from Susan.






10 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful. I could pick a few favourite ones but they are all gorgeous. Have a wonderful 2023 Susan. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. I like the way you display all your beautiful quilts. Happy New Year to you and yours. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, every one of them, and I can tell you that the very good friend's daughter is thrilled to bits with her quilt! Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2023 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do nice work and some great photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on such a productive 2023. I especially love the Medallion quilt :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see these beautiful quilts.

    Wishing you and your family a Happy 2023.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty quilt show!!! Love your quilts in the wild photos!!! Happy 2023!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Susan, and I quite like the name Just Because! Lots of lovely quilts finished last year, you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! It's lovely to see your year in quilts.

    ReplyDelete