Saturday 28 January 2023

THANK YOU.

 I've really been slack of late due to both being busyish and unmotivated, but I need to thank everyone who commented on my last post of the year.  Much appreciated.

The busy bit has been a few appointments with doctor/dentist,  and a quick trip to DS1's place to say bon voyage to our eldest grandchild and her partner before she left for England to work for 2 years.  She has already started work & he is still going through a long list of applications.    We also have had our car club picnic for Australia Day and trying to get the garden in shape, though that is tough at the moment with our "very" hot weather and so many blueberries being picked too.  Up to about 20kgs so far with many being frozen, and others for neighbours and friends.

Lack of motivation has been another issue with my crafting, but I'm slowly get myself back into it, I hope. DH also had a very, very large jigsaw on the go that he got for Xmas from DD which ate up table space for me and my old laptop which is not quite as efficient as it used to be, so hence my lack of commenting on other blogs.  I'm in the study doing this on the PC, which is what I should do more often.

A few quick snaps and hopefully I'll catch up with some more very soon.  I took a good handful while away, but not much else has happened this month, so I'll do one of our quick trip next week.

BLUEBERRRIES.


Not something I'd normally show, but I've had a fridge full of blueberries at times and then some packed and ready to go to the clubrooms for the "old" guys.😊

THE JIGSAW.


DS1 & J's new babies.

Two miniature goats.
AN AFTERNOON DRIVE.
One Sunday we headed to Leongatha to see an embroidery/quilt show, which was very small, but with some beautiful work and only 4 quilts.  As we headed home we stopped at Inverloch to go for a quick walk and noticed the sail boats out on the water beyond the stretch of sand.  You may need to click on the photo to see the boats.

 TO BE FINISHED.

Needing "MOTIVATION"  to get this lot quilted............push me!
Poor Bubs hasn't been up and running since early December & I've so many ideas running around my head, but I must get stuck into some of these first.

OK that is my lot and hopefully I'll blog more from here on in.  Sorry if this post is a bit disjointed, but I wasn't sure how to get started again.  Thanks again to all my loyal friends.
Take care and hugs from down under.
Susan.



11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of blueberries. I'll be without this year as we gave our three bushes to Eleanor when we moved house. I think our crafting motivation comes and goes, I was without mine for a long time, well, most of last year, but it's slowly returning now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Think my mojo is slowly coming back too after a small hiatus.

      Delete
  2. Hi there Susan ... I've missed you, it's good to see you back. Like you my crafting mojo has seriously gone and done one and I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and did any crafting. I may get round to turning my old Christmas cards into gift tags this week though. I have a freezer full of blueberries too and am hoping for some inspiration to use them before I start harvesting this year's fruit ... I have plenty of time I guess. Anway take care ... Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol and I'll pop you through a couple of recipes you may like, sometime this week. Hope you get back into some crafting too.

      Delete
  3. So lovely to see and read this post.
    We enjoy blueberries, in fact we enjoyed a bowlful with some double (heavy) cream this evening.

    I do like that Jigsaw, one of our sons always has a jigsaw on the go.

    My good wishes for 2023, it doesn't seem possible that it will soon be February!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I love blueberries on my porridge and use them in cakes/desserts at times and with yoghurt. DH isn't very keen on them, but will eat them in the cakes etc. We inherited our bushes when we bought this place. Has your son ever done a "Wasgij"?

      Delete
  4. I've missed your updates Susan but I'm green with envy at all those blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie and I'm going to try harder this month to keep up to date.

      Delete
  5. Oh MY the blueberries!! I love blueberries. They grew well in Alberta, but no so well down here in Ontario. It's too hot I guess. Pretty pic of the sand and sailboats! As for the quilts, pick one you don't care that much about, and just quilt it with an all-over design, and that just might kick-start the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, wish we could give you some blueberries. I've one of the quilts on the machine, but need a new O-ring, which is supposed to be on it's way, then I can make a start.

      Delete
  6. Yum, blueberries! You have a lot of tops in line for quilting, but I really believe each quilt gets quilted when you and it are both ready. It's not a race :) I look forward to seeing which one you pick to finish next.

    ReplyDelete