Tuesday 2 May 2023

LINKING UP WITH TWO CHALLENGES.

 Today I've linked with 2 other quilty bloggers.

The first is with Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs for the Favourite Finish.
Magic Triangles ( my own design).

These blocks were made many moons ago & sat waiting for inspiration to eventuate.  I finally decided on a setting, made it up, then it sat waiting in the tub of shame till last month.  I did a  very simple custom pattern on it.  

The second is with Patty from Elm Street Quilts & is a monthly goal plan to at least work on "something" you need to get done.
Deco Delight (my own design too).

I have shown this at the end of last year when I was slowly working on it after my silly fall.  Now I've decided it is time to get it quilted and bound, ready for the May Favourite Finish.😉  Wish me luck.

Other than the above, things have been quiet and strange, though we did have a nice walk on Tuesday along the Great Southern Rail Trail, so one more section done.  It was one of our only nice days for the last 3 weeks or so and has been cold, grey and raining for a good part of today.  At least this morning was dry so we could start cutting more wood for the coming winter months.  Below is the view from where we were working.


Not often I show what I've been cooking so here is what was made late last week.
Some buttery Yo Yo biscuits in both a flowery shape & ordinary round ones.
Our eldest granddaughter used to love these.

A lemon drizzle cake too.

Well that is a short post today and I really must finish off the Silo Trail this month.
My lovely friend Sandra at mmmquilts is hosting a QAL which is keeping me some what engrossed with rummaging through my scraps and...............mine is going to be a village.  More to tell as we progress on this.  Motivation has been hard lately.  The garden is looking sorry for itself too.

OK, enough from me now.
Take care all and hugs from a cool, damp down under.
Susan.


9 comments:

  1. It's good that you've got your quilts to keep you busy on the days which aren't so nice. Yum, I love lemon drizzle cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't like a lemon drizzle cake :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy both quilting and cooking. I do enjoy a piece of lemon drizzle cake. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, wish I could ask you all around for a cuppa & piece of cake.(sile).

      Delete
  4. The desserts look yummy and the quilts are lovely. Sending you some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely quilts Susan, and I do love the village in your next post.

    ReplyDelete