Wednesday 19 April 2023

A BIT OF THIS........A BIT OF THAT.

 Oh dear, here I am on catch-up once again.  Let's just say it's been a stupidly hectic month so far with all sorts & Easter holidays thrown in as well, which seems to throw us into disarray for some reason.

I'll start with a bit of craft I've been doing.

This is what I've done so far for a QAL with Sandra from mmm.quilts in Canada.
It is Rainbow Neighbourhood Houses quilt, which I'm putting a little twist on.
More of that later.

My Dune crochet rug from an Attic 24 pattern.
DD gave me the pack for combined birthday/mothers day gift last year.
Enjoy doing this of an evening, along with below.

I do enjoy embroidery too and these kitty kats were in a very old QNM magazine which I kept, because DD loved them.  They have been keeping me amused lately & I have an idea of my own for the final quilt.

The Silo Trail continues..............

                                                                   COLBINNABIN


These were amazing and I took quite a few individual photos too, but we were surprised when this pulled up in the car park...............
We'd seen this before, when a gentleman gave a talk at our Car Club one morning and it always amazes me when you run into someone from near to your own town, when you are on the other side of the state.
Both the photos below were still in Colbinnabin.
A beautiful carved platypus on the log.

I love some of our older churches in country towns too.

                                                                            ROCHESTER.
I captured the art on these silos with I'm afraid a lot of background.
A possum and a kingfisher.

This time we have a painted platypus.

We've been hoping to get into the garden & do some tidying plus get in some good walking around & about, but the weather just hasn't been playing along.  I was hoping for lots of photos of quilts etc., in the wild and just get out in the fresh air.  There will be a few more posts containing the rest of the Silo Trail and hopefully lots more craft/garden etc..  One more pic for today is this......
Corellas sitting all over the roof of one of the houses behind us.  They come in huge flocks, flying around & squawking.  One of the little girls in the house directly behind us was amazed & we heard her say OMG & giggling.
Just remembered something I said I'd show once finished.
The framed jigsaw I wrote about last month.  To have it framed professionally, would probably have set us back around $200, but a very nice second hand frame purchased from a vintage shop cost all of $50 and looks great.  We are ever so pleased.


OK, I'll finish up here for today.  The sun tried valiantly to shine a few minutes ago, but is dreary again now.  
Take care all & hugs.
Susan.








12 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a selection of crafts on the go so that you can choose what to work on as the fancy takes you. I'm loving all the silos, some wonderful ones again in this post. I'm glad you're managing to get out and about. As our weather begins to improve I always think of you on the other side of the world going into winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Probably 2 more posts with some silos & getting out isn't really happening the way I'd like due to this awful weather. Hope it's sunny tomorrow as there is a partial eclipse around 1pm with a full one over in north Western Australia.

      Delete
  2. The silos are just wonderful to see.
    I hope your weather will improve soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. It is coming into winter so I should know better than to complain.

      Delete
  3. The jigsaw looks good, the frame is perfect for it. The flock of Corellas is amazing, I bet they made such a noise, I like the Rochester silos and the carved platypus:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. They do make a lot of noise.

      Delete
  4. Looks like we have a lot more silo's to check out, perhaps another trip on the agenda??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so many Judy & one day you may even head over our way & see some of the lovey murals here in eastern Victoria.

      Delete
  5. Love your houses - I wish I had the time to join in on that one.. I'm in catch up mode too...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy & I realise you are so busy, but one day you may have the chance to do them.

      Delete
  6. Love seeing your houses get built! The silos are just amazing. I love the platypus one; always had a thing for them and the koala from when we learned about Australia in school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, I'm having fun. A holiday to Oz maybe to see penguins, koalas & platypus in the wild? Of & wombats of course!

      Delete