Thursday 24 January 2013

Framed Cross Stitch and WIP

 So far I have cut all the pieces for this Feathered Star and completed the centre star and the nine patch blocks for the corners; but have now been asked to make a library bag for my granddaughter who starts school this year.  I made one for brother and she wants Nana to make hers too.
This pattern and fabric have been on the waiting list since 1994 (or so the cover date on the magazine says).
 The photo below shows my framed cross stitch which has been a finished article since the early 90's.  I've had it framed to enter in our local show.  I think I have been watching too much Kirstie Allsopp.  I'm entering a couple of categories this year as well as the patchwork section.  Wish me luck and I'll update the photos as I choose what to enter.
The library bag will be on the list of things to do after this, as all the housework is finished, a binding to be machine stitched , then await the hand sewing and a customer's quilt to be fixed ready for the machine.  I'll also take a photo of a finished quilt for my 12 year old grandson, which I hope to label and post next week.


1 comment:

  1. I keep thinking to myself that I want to make a Feathered Star quilt. I love the fabrics you're using.

    ReplyDelete