Saturday 26 January 2013

IT'S AUSTRALIA DAY


Koala photo taken on Raymond Island.

Today has been reasonably cool, so was able to get outside this morning and start some more deadheading of the many agapanthus, especially the miniature ones.  I can fill the green waste bin several times over the next few months.  Too many really.
The photo below is my granddaughter's library bag made yesterday afternoon.  she especially wanted fairies and this Tinkerbelle fabric was all I could get.  Hope she likes it when we deliver it on Monday.







Below is the WIP I started some years ago after I took a class with Kaye England in 2006 at a quilt shop in Loch.  I made the 5 blocks, then decided to add some motor bike fabric.  I didn't buy enough of the first one and had to find something else.  I'm actually really pleased with it now and will label and send it off to my grandson.


These photos don't seem to be as good as usual, so will have to see if I've changed the settings on my camera, by accident.
Also put  binding on another old quilt today, plus made a slice and some daisy biscuits.
Feeling rather tired now, so will put this to bed and get on with some handsewing.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, Bilbo here {grin}.

    Love your rectangular blocks although I cannot pretend to like the bike fabric :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually hate motorbikes, but hubby rides one much to my disdain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Susan, that's something else we have in common but I am prepared to bet that I loathe, hate, abhor and detest the abominable machines more than you do :{


      (PS - please get your friend Sue to show you how to turn the word verification off, it's nearly as bad as the motorbikes)

      Delete
  3. What a great picture of Blinky Bill. That used to be my favourite book when I was a kid and we lived out there. When my daughter lived in Oz for about a year (crikey, that was nearly 20 years ago now!) she found a copy and bought it home for me.

    I love the colours of your rectangular blocks and I don't like motorbikes either.

    ReplyDelete