Friday 18 January 2013

TWO QUILTS ON THE WAY TO UK

I tried to post these photos on my first go.  Didn't happen, so here we are again.
One quilt was made for my step-granddaughter as she never had a baby quilt and as she is now 17, it was about time she had one. My other 10 grandchildren have all had baby quilts and some have had at least one more, with another few to be done this year, I hope.
Family Links  (sister-in-law's quilt)
My sister-in-law went through a tough time before Xmas and as I was making a mystery quilt, I thought she may be delighted when it arrives as we are so far away. This quilt was made from a book by Rita Fishel.

Hexagon Hip Hop  (granddaughter's quilt)
 This quilt is a slight variation of a quilt by Pam and Nicky Lintott from The Quilt Room in Dorking, UK.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts and lucky people whom they are for. :-) I'm envious.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments Emma. Still learning though!

      Delete
  2. There's going to be 2 very happy people in the UK when they get these quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a phone call last night from my sister-in-law and she was rather overwhelmed. That was just what she needed and it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete