Monday 22 April 2013

FLOWERS AND QUILTS.

A BUSY WEEK.

Another week gone and not sure where it went.  Two quilts off the machine, one as a present and the other for a customer.  I've done lots but it's all gone in a blur.  Gardening, baking, eye appointment and visiting our daughter and family.  On Friday I did our weekly grocery shop and actually bought 2 bunches of flowers from the supermarket,  something I've never done before.  One was 4 large gerberas for 96c and the other a bunch of chrysanthemums for $1.80.  Now that is a bargain as they are usually about $7 and up.

Some photos below of a few of these things.


Quilting pattern on quilt below.  The pattern is Tickle from Willow Leaf Studios.


This quilt is going to my friend's sister in UK.  I'll show the full quilt when I finish the binding.




Couldn't resist this.  It wasn't expensive, but I loved the colours.
It's a little high, but I didn' have anywhere else.



See, I do love pink!!



Customer's baby quilt done.



Gerberas from Supermarket.

A gerbera from our garden.  I thought these had nearly died in the hot and dry summer, but this one was there to surprise me the other day.  I cut it and put it on my desk.  The plant is now nice and leafy and looks like it is going to be ok.

Now, I had better go to serve up our dinner, which is leftover bolognaise made into lasagne tonight.  Only being 2 these days, there is quite often enough to make two meals.

Have a lovely week in blogland.

Susan.

5 comments:

  1. The Cat In The Hat quilt is fabulous, I love it. I think the picture was made for you, it fits perfectly in your kitchen colour scheme. I'm always on the look out for reasonably priced flowers in the supermarket, I love to have them in the house but don't like cutting them from the garden. I should really make more of an effort to grow some for cutting at the allotment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo.
      I think flowers and veg look great together in the garden.

      Delete
  2. I love the pink and white picture. It does go perfectly with the rest of your kitchen! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely things here! The Dr Seuss quilt is brilliant, the colours are perfect. And I love the picture you bought, it's simple and so pretty and looks great about your pink kitchen aid mixer. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the patterns in the stitching on the Tickle quilt, very nice. Great Dr Seuss quilt!

    ReplyDelete