Sunday 15 September 2013

CHRISTMAS QUILTALONG.

How do I put this to everyone?.  I've not done a lot of blogging lately as I've been diagnosed with extreme anxiety, which I've never had in my life before, so why now.  Also, we have sold our house and have to move by the 6/11 and I'm terrified.  I will miss this garden so much, but know that I can no longer maintain it as I once did due to back and feet problems.  Then, we are now facing trying to find somewhere with enough space for my long arm quilting machine (Bubs) and at least access to the backyard for our caravan and some space for a small garden.  Oh, the joys of getting older.  Enough of that and although I've done little of anything except stress and now starting to pack, I managed to piece one row of my "Surprise Packages".  Below are photos of some flowers I picked last week and the quilt row.

Maple tree flowers, flowering currant, camelia and jasmine.
Not the best photo, but it looked pretty.

Mixed azaleas on the table.

Azaleas on a shelf amongst two favourite pictures.

Diosma.

The middle row of packages and the flowers I had on the chest in the studio.  That was just coincidence.
This is just a quick post as I will meet two friends today down at the biennial Lioness Quilt Show here in Warragul and hopefully have small amount of time with them.  I went down for two hours yesterday and did some white gloving for them as a volunteer.  Although it is a small show, the quilts and other crafty items were of a high standard.
The rest of the day will be spent packing, sorting etc.  I often wonder if I am a hoarder, but am going to try and get rid of so much "STUFF".  I will try and post at least once a week, just to try and stay sane and am going to pop over to seem some of my favourite blogs and catch up with the Xmas quiltalong.

Take care everyone and hope I've not bored you too much.  Susan.

17 comments:

  1. Your parcels are looking lovely. I hope you feel better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you find a nice little place with just enough garden, and then you wont need to worry about the big garden, and can relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers. I keep thinking of sizing down, too, every time I cut the grass in the summer and shovel snow in the winter. It takes too much out of me now. Hope you can find the perfect place for you. And I love your surprise packages quilt. Those bows are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little packages are wonderful, and your flowers are lovely. Good luck with everything on your plate...one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas packages are lovely. Take a deep breath and relax. Everything will work out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear, it is no wonder that you are feeling anxious with the stress of house moving! Deadlines are terrible things as you feel you have no control over them!

    It's so hard to keep perspective when you are in the middle of it all - try to step back and think that this tricky spell will all be a memory in but a couple of months.

    Let those closest to you take up some of the slack too - those kids will inherit the lot when your gone, let them do some hardwork for you in the meantime! ;-)

    Feel free to email if it helps - and I know Sue and Bilbo will feel the same. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel's said it all really. We're all here if you need us - not to do the packing though! It is stressful, but will all work out in the end.

    Meanwhile, do keep doing a few things just for fun, like your wonderful runner (love the bows, by the way) cos as they say "all work and no play makes Jack(or Jill) a very tired and fed up person". Well that's almost what they say anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not surprising you've been diagnosed with anxiety, moving house is so stressful, I think that's one of the reasons we've stayed here for twenty years. Everything will work out in the end and then once you're in your new home, everything should settle down again. Enjoy the time with your friends at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, your surprise packages are quite different from mine. Good luck with the packing. I haven't moved much (too much work) but one thing I always thought of was to pack the stuff that I don't need first (like all the stuff on the walls and extra bedding.) Your flowers are so pretty and I like the way they just happened to match your project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moving house is very stressful! We have moved so often we no longer have a lot of clutter - although there may still be a boox or two in the lift that have yet to be unpacked after 7 years in this house!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you're stressed, Susan. I hope that you find the best of houses really quickly. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear you've been unwell. But at least you have a diagnosis, so maybe you can more forward with some medication or therapy and work through the anxiety. Moving house is very stressful but general anxiety on it's own is horrible. But it will pass! I say this as someone who knows. Warmest wishes and good luck with the move. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Susan, I'm sorry about your diagnosis. Good luck with the house move and I hope that once you are settled in your new home that things will settle down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me again, on the subject of hoarding 'stuff'; even though we moved six years ago and had a MASSIVE clear-out beforehand I am now finding things which I haven't used since we have been at Bag End. If I have not needed something since it was boxed up in 2007 do I really need it now?

    The local 'Hospice' shop has a lot more stock now and my rationale for getting rid of huge amounts of stuff is "if I am not using this, how is keeping it going to enrich my life going forward?". The other one to ask is "do I want someone else to have to chuck this out when I'm gone".

    It becomes remarkably easy to declutter with those thoughts in mind :} Good luck.

    PS: It is also cheaper NOT to pay the removers to lug all the stuff to your next house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I've been thinking too and the amount of stuff I'm going to get rid of will be be great. Op shops, a monster garage sale and the local tip will all benefit. Thanks Bilbo.

      Delete
    2. That's exactly what I've been thinking too and the amount of stuff I'm going to get rid of will be be great. Op shops, a monster garage sale and the local tip will all benefit. Thanks Bilbo.

      Delete
  15. So sorry you are suffering with anxiety attacks Susan. I know how you feel, I have the same... I guess with selling up and having to move so quickly it is not surprising. Hang in there and take it a step at a time... xxx

    ReplyDelete