Sunday 1 September 2013

POST 2 SUNDAY -- FATHER'S DAY IN OZ


This is a quick post on Sunday night, more for my benefit of recording my garden, as I may soon be starting again when we sell.  It is spring here in Oz and after such a long hot and dry summer, I'm surprised at what is flowering, though we did have a wet winter. 
 I've also taken a couple of photos yesterday of the countryside south of where we live.  We went to Inverloch for afternoon  tea.  Immediately below are these photos.

 





                                                                     Garden Photos.
Our magnolia flowering for the second time this year.

Hellebore and azalea.  The strappy plants are miniature agapanthus.

Hellebore, Ivory Prince which I planted a couple of years ago.

Iris under the weeping cherry which have been there since we moved here 9 years ago and have never flowered before.

My antique wheelbarrow with just one plant at the moment.

Flowering currant.

Tulip in bud.

Part of the Fairy Ring.

My pretty pink daffodils.  I'll definitely pot some of these up to take with me.

This camellia was nearly dead when we moved in, but look at it now.

Some freesias I replanted from out of the lawn.  They don't have  perfume like the old fashioned ones, but smell quite peppery.

FATHER'S DAY.
Hubby eating his lunch outside in the lovely sunshine today.  It got to 25deg and it's only the first day of spring!!!  He had to go to work not long after this photo was taken.



Being the first day of the month, I actually got around to changing the wall hanging in the hall.  Last month I didn't do it.  I also weeded the lawn, did some work on my Christmas QAL and caught up with my blog.

This was made many years ago to teach myself how to do flying geese the easy way with 1 large square and four smaller ones.  I've never named it.

Well, that is a lot of pictures, which I don't usually do, but I feel caught up now and will hopefully post a little more often.  Hope everyone had a lovely weekend as we did.
Susan.

16 comments:

  1. Happy Fathers Day to your hubby, a shame he's had to work. Your garden is looking lovely and I don't blame you taking some of the pink daffodils with you, they're so pretty. Just caught up on your last post too, glad you enjoyed the quilt retreat, it's always good to get together with people who have the same interests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I am going to miss this garden in a lot of ways, but it is just too steep now and the noise of the traffic from the freeway is atrocious these days, so we'll find something a little easier and quieter.

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking lovely Susan, you still have your summer to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, and you have a lovely holiday and post lots of photos. Hope you are enjoying the Oz pics I'm posting although it's the other side of Australia from where your son lives.

      Delete
  3. I'd want to take some of those plants with me, too. You're lucky to be able to grow camellias. I don't think the warm season is long enough where I live. Looks like you are having a lovely spring. Your flying geese quilt is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, we can grow quite a variety here and my first love is cottage style gardens. Have you any ideas on what I should name the little quilt?

      Delete
  4. Cool! We used to go camping at Inverloch every year!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go quite a lot, but not as much in summer because it is so busy.

      Delete
    2. We go quite a lot, but not as much in summer because it is so busy.

      Delete
  5. Perhaps it's called Goosey, goosey gander after the nursery rhyme. The 2nd line is Wither shall I wander, which is what's probably in your minds at the moment with an impending house move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that name Sue. Thanks. Bit scary moving house as I seem to have accumulated an awful lot. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos, Susan. You get hotter days in spring that we do in the height of summer. Ahhh the joys of living in Scotland! :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not always Anne, as we have awoken to thick fog this morning, but yes it probably is warmer most of the time. My first visit to Scotland was in torrential rain for about 4 days. Second visit was definitely better weather.

      Delete
  7. Pink daffodils, how lovely! I've never seen those before. You must take some with you. And I love that old wheelbarrow too, what a nice feature. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos of your garden. Of course we are going into autumn here, which is hard to accept after such a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You live in a beautiful area Susan. I read back through several of your posts and enjoyed all of the pictures. Good luck with the move and sorting out 40 years of "stuff". It's amazing how much we collect.

    ReplyDelete