Sunday 17 November 2013

MOVED, BUT IN LIMBO

Well the move went well, without too many complications.  The worst was the phone and internet.  Phone was off till the Wednesday and no internet till the next Wednesday.  I don't think I realised how much I use both.  Now I am back on line and catching up on my favourite blogs.  (the ones on my sidebar).

WHAT ELSE HAVE WE BEEN DOING?

Mostly trying to find a house to buy, by both going to Ballarat and scanning the internet.  Some luck yesterday with 2 contenders.  Now we have to mull things over and see what the outcome of our offers are.

We've also been trying to keep warm as the weather was atrocious last week, still cold and wet, but today is absolutely lovely.  This morning we went for a walk and it got quite warm.

I found an apron I'd cut out and am going to finish that off over this week and some scraps I'll put together as a couple of charity quilts ready for next winter to go hopefully to fire victims in NSW who lost everything.
The quilt machine will not be put back together until we settle in a home of our own.
I also found some embroidery in my sewing box and will do that and some knitting of a night in front of the TV.  Hopefully that will keep me out of mischief, along with weeding the garden here.  It is quite nice, but oh the weeds!!!

Before we left the old place I picked a big bunch of roses, some lemons and rhubarb.  Below are some photos.

Lemons from my old tree.

Pierre de Ronsard roses in a glass canister that usually has rice in it  Can't find any vases.

A few other roses in my little old glass bottles.
Yesterday (saturday) saw us in Ballarat again and we ate lunch by the lake.  We saw these 2 swans with their brood of 5 cygnets.  We managed a couple of photos.

On the grass.

Now in the water.
Aren't they so cute.  They only had a very short swim and were out of the water a couple of minutes later.
Just one  of the lovely things to look forward to when we move.

Not much more for now as we are still both exhausted, but hopefully will post again midweek.
All take care and have a lovely Sunday, wherever you may live.
Susan,


10 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised you are exhausted, moving house has got to be one of the hardest things to do. Hope you find a new place soon, limbo is a pain :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you find your permanent home soon, it must so horrid to be living in limbo like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the move went well and it sounds as though there may be some news on the permanent move soon too, being in limbo must be a bit of a pain. Your flowers look lovely in the glass bottles, simple ways to display beauty are often the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are someone who can find beauty wherever you go. The swans are beautiful. Good luck in finding your home and settling in, and then resting up:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan, I do hope you manage to find your dream home soon. I have been speaking to my son in Perth yesterday and I think they are finding it a bit too hot! Late 30'sC! Still, better than the freezing temperatures and snow we are forecast for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the best finding a house, hope your offers go well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being in limbo is awful - been there, done that - so I hope things go well with your offers so that you can get back to "normal" soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear you're settled, if temporarily. I think it's lovely that you brought some flowers and fruit from your old house to your new one, what a nice thing to do. Fingers crossed your offers work out well. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are busy, and hopefully closer to finding a house. How great to of had a lemon tree in your garden and the roses look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just catching up after a busy few days. Yes, we don't realise how much we use things until we don't have them - like when we had a power cut last week! Hope the home buying goes well - it is a very stressful time!

    ReplyDelete