Sunday 24 November 2013

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE

Just a quick post to say the above.  "We bought a HOUSE".
It is in a lovely part of Ballarat and although I still hanker after a large garden, we do realise that we are not getting any younger and with a couple of minor health issues this will be very nice.  The home is large enough to take my long arm quilting machine, garaging for the cars and bike, and somewhere (with a little tinkering) for the caravan.  I'll be able to plant some roses, annuals, perennials,  and still have a small vegie patch.  Once we move in, I'll be able to post some pics.  The settlement date is 24th January, so until then we are still in Warragul.  We signed the papers on the 21st November, which also happens to be 2 of our grandchilren's birthdays.  Our granddaughter A, turned 17 and grandson L was 8.  It was quite a day all round.

Over the last couple of days I've found some things to do, making a start and finish on one apron and finishing a duster bag I must have bought when I first married over 40 years ago.  Another apron ready to go, though this one is for when I'm long arm quilting and not the kitchen.  I also got out some scraps from a quilt I sent to UK earlier this year and will make a charity quilt.  Photos below are also of a couple of things from this garden, which I am slowly weeding.

Once I finished this apron, hubby announced it was a Kirstie apron, as he thought it would be something Kirstie Allsopp would wear.  lol

The duster bag, probably very 60's, but finished all the same.

A hollyhock coming into flower.  There are several in the garden.

A lovely white hydrangea.

Self sown tiny tomatoes.

2 dahlias, which I'm looking forward to see in flower.

The sewing apron in progress.  My name embroidered by a sales person at a quilt show, trying to sell us machines.
Today we are off to Melbourne for Quilt Market, which is a trade show and luckily for me is free.  I'll pop in  quickly to see what's new on our side of the world and talk to my Emco dealer.  I bought my long arm machine from these people and want to let them know about our new address and possible help to set her back up again.  It took hubby the best part of a day to disassemble her.  Can't wait to be sorted with everything again and get back into my quilting.  After that we are off to DD's for the afternoon.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend wherever you live and although it is raining here, the garden will be pleased if nothing else.
Take care, Susan.

11 comments:

  1. It sounds as if this new house is plenty big and you'll have space for your gardening. I love Hollyhocks. Old fashioned and pretty. Cute little projects, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post, Sue! I'm so glad that you've found somewhere that you will be able to call home quite soon!

    I don't know how you've found the time to sew with all the packing/unpacking/repacking/birthdays/quiltshows etc etc

    I bought a shoebag (which I will be using to store a few potatoes in the kitchen) at mum's church's Christmas fair today - they had aprons there too, but not as pretty as either of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, that is just GREAT news. I bet you feel much happier and relieved now. At least you know where you are going and that soon you wont be living in limbo any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - great news! Lovely you have found space for all the essential 'toys'. With Christmas coming up it will be 24th January before you know it! What a lovely way to start the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant news. The garden may not be a large as you're used to but it sounds as though it's still big enough for your needs, and I'm glad you've found a house with enough space for your long arm quilting machine. It won't be long now until you're all settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great news Susan, it will be lovely to see your photos when you move in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news, Susan. Not long now before you're settled into your new home. How exciting! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm delighted that you have bought a house! I'm looking forward to seeing photoos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roll on January 24th. You must be relieved to have found a nice house. And so soon after moving in a rental as well. It's nice to have something to look forward to in the New Year. Well done to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you've bought somewhere, that's wonderful news. A small garden can be a blessing sometimes - ours is very small but I like that fact that we don't have to spend too much time maintaining it, it's very easy to keep on top of it all.

    I just love that duster bag. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is great that you have found a house! The apron and duster bag would be snapped up in a minute! Nice that you can go to a trade show for free me and my girls went to the Knit n' Stitch in harrogate and it cost us 26 pounds to get in and there are no freebies or anything on the door, I think its too much, other shows are cheaper but I missed them this year.

    ReplyDelete