Saturday 30 November 2013

LAST DAY OF SPRING

This is not where I started this blog, but some times it seems to have a mind of it's own when I'm placing the photos, so had better explain these.  Since lunchtime today I've done a little sewing and below is where I've set up my machine on the desk I use to pay the bills etc.  Don't have much choice at the moment and even though it is awkward it will have to suffice.  
Desk in corner with one of my favourite pics above.
The scraps I mentioned before being sewn together and probably going into vertical rows with sashing between.  I'll see how it looks as I go and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I'll quilt it when my machine is set up again.  It will be a charity quilt ready for our winter.

Today dawned quite overcast, but has been sunny since about mid morning and warmed as I weeded the garden.
Came inside for lunch as we noticed the flies became quite active once the sun came out.  Eating alfresco during summer does have some drawbacks here in Oz.
Below are some pics of what I was doing whilst outside.

Wheelbarrow and trug full of weeds, and I'd already put one lot in the greenwaste bin.

Section of garden just weeded.

Size of some of the weeds down side passage, which I've not even started yet.
On Thursday I picked some flowers for the house.

Alstroemarias from the front garden.

Three lovely roses.

Mock orange (philadelphus) on the dressing table.
Over the last few days I've been taking pics of other flowers and fruit appearing in the garden.


A very pale mauve hebe.

I think this is a miniature apple tree.  At first I thought it was a crabapple, but have since changed my mind.
We definitely won't get to taste them as we'll be gone by autumn.

Aquilegia seed heads that I will pick and pop into a brown paper bag and save for my new garden.

Passionfruit vine on side fence of passage.  As you can see, it is forming fruit, but can't remember how long they take to ripen, as I've not grown one for a long time.

OK, that is a quick post of what I've been up to over the last few days.  Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and take care.
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. You've been keeping busy. There's always plenty to do in the garden no matter what time of year it is. I love passion flowers though I've never grown them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Susan. You've been a busy bee! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny isn't it how a quilter will always find somewhere to sew? The garden where you are is very pretty and I love the philadelphus flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as if fruit will grow anywhere in Oz. The next tenants will love you for all the work you do. Gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks as if you have got a lovely garden.It'll be nice to leave it looking good for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've got quite a nice garden in your temporary home. Nice flowers. Enjoy your summer while I'm enjoying my winter. I'm glad you're keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by my blog. It's lovely to see some sunny pictures for a change. It's been so gloomy here for ages. Good luck with your house moving, Ballarat looks like a nice place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if its a corner I bet its nice to do what you like...sew! The garden looks nice the flowers look lovely, where we used to live, a Clematis grew on the back of the house that looked like the passionfruit flower, only a few blooms and they didn't last long, but were very pretty.

    ReplyDelete