Saturday 8 February 2014

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, its' been a hectic few weeks.  Although we've had the internet on now for a few days, I've just been too busy to even try and do a posting. (and extremely tired and HOT!)

I've caught up on some blog reading of a night on my laptop, but with the older version of windows I have on it, can't comment or post on my own blog.  Must put that right at some stage.

The weather here has be atrocious with most days well into the 30's and a few at 40/41.  No rain and the forecast for the next week has only one day below 30 and it's not just here, but most of the southern half of Australia.  Bring on winter.

Now for a few photos.


Black swans, native hens and seagulls on Lake Wendourie.
Our new home.

Bubs being put back together.

AN AFTERNOON OUT.

Yesterday, we'd had enough of unpacking, sorting etc., and decided to brave the heat (our car has air conditioning), and went to Maldon, just north of Ballarat.  A couple of years ago I sold my smaller Gammill to a lady who runs the quilt shop there and went to see her.  Ah, she was away for a week in Alice Springs visiting her daughter.  The other daughter was managing the shop.  Oh well, just means another trip later on to a "quilt shop".  I did take some more photos on our little outing.

A Morris Minor Traveller parked in Maldon.  As most will know, we have a Morris Minor Ute of our own.

The Village Patch (quilt shop).

A fenced paddock of emus. ????



 Above and below, photos showing just how dry it is at the moment.

And this is what happens when so dry and hot.  Probably someone threw a cigarette but out of a car window.

.
WINNER.

Last post I decided to pick someone who commented on my blogiversary to win a small prize.  
OK, the winner was Anne from Marmalade and Catmint, but now the only trouble is that said prize is as yet only half made and my machine has had to go in for repair and a service and won't be back till next week.  The light has been playing up now for a while, but has decided not to work at all.  It doesn't need a new globe, but the switch mechanism is not working.


Another couple of pieces of news.

I have finally driven Ebony, our "new" car and my niece in Leeds gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.  That quilt I've been doing as a tutorial is for her, so best get back into the sewing as soon as my Bernina arrives back.

I think I've just done enough in the study for today as the air conditioning is at the other end of the house and it's getting quite warm in here.  I may post tomorrow with some photos of the above baby quilt (as is at the moment), and my ripple rug progress.

Have a lovely weekend wherever you may be and take care.  I'm glad to be back on board.
Susan.

20 comments:

  1. Welcome back, I am sure you will get everything sorted out soon. That little quilt shop looks delightful :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, things are looking better and I'm going to oil Bubs today and run the oil stitcher and hope the weather is cooler tomorrow and give her a trial run. Garden is on hold till it cools down a little.

      Delete
  2. welcome back, glad the move is done and dusted, but hope you can find a cool spot, as summer is not over yet. Will we see you in March????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about March yet, but will keep you posted. Isn't this heat awful and I know it's not over yet and more shocking fires over in our old stomping ground.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back. I'm glad the move went OK and your new home looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Should have lots to post about and hopefully some pics of how we are progressing. I'm hoping to get my machine back next week and also pop up to Vision Australia to see what day will suit for my volunteering, though no radio here.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing the pics of your new home and area. It looks lovely and very interesting to this American city dweller. I don't envy you the heat, though. We're having a very snowy and cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to share lots more pics of house, garden, countryside and quilting/crafts, now that we are getting settled. Some cooler weather and rain would be nice.

      Delete
  5. Nice to see that the move went well. I think we have the extremes of weather at the moment, rain and floods here and heat and drought where you are. Congratulations to your niece, does the baby have a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. We are getting settled slowly and yes the weather does seem to come in extremes lately. Our north is being inundated with rain from the monsoon season and south is unbelievably hot and dry. Yes, the baby does have a name, Freya. I think it is lovely and she looks so cute. Hubby has facebook and there was a photo on that.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! Your new home looks lovely. If only we could swap some of our cold weather for some of your heat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. You don't want this heat though, just a bit warmer. It is now starting to get very windy and that scares me because of the fire danger. We've two days of total fire bans. Tomorow may be a little cooler, but then it heats up again. Yuk.

      Delete
  7. I wish you both lots of happiness in your new home. I bet you're relieved the move is over but the hard work of settling in has just begun. Take it easy in the heat. The temperature here is perfect for unpacking. I'm glad you're back with us in blogging land Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie. At least we have awoken to a cool morning and hopefully today won't be as bad, especially for the fires. Take care.

      Delete
  8. Hi Susan! Glad you are back, your new home looks lovely! Congratulations on the new baby girl for your niece. I can't even imagine how how 40 must feel!! Keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail and yes we are trying to keep cool and this morning is quite nice so far. Take care.

      Delete
  9. Hi Susan! Wow, I am only just catching up on my blog reading and read your post and discovered my name! Dont worry about rushing to finish it. No problem!!
    Did you read my post about my son and his family coming back over here soon? Well I spoke to him today and he reckons it will be for about two years til he manages to save a big deposit for a house to buy in Aus. They definitely want to return. I am elated they are coming back even if it is only a couple of years.XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Yes, I did read the post about your son and was disappointed you may not visit, but only time will tell. I've been on blog catchup too, as we didn't have internet access till late last week. Take care.

      Delete
  10. OO! What a beautiful house! And a fab post, I really enjoyed the photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Fi, I've always loved your blog and try and just keep up with the ones on my sidebar. You'll probably see more of the house and garden over the next few weeks as we settle in.

    ReplyDelete