Thursday 16 January 2014

MY FIRST BLOGIVERSARY.


ON THIS DAY LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

This was the day, that when I posted it actually showed up.  I'd had so much trouble trying to become a blogger, that I nearly gave up.  There are three people who encouraged me to start one, and I will be forever grateful to them and all their help.  I think they may know who they are.

I'd love to send a small gift to one of my followers who leave a comment, or an email for others who do not have a blog.  There will be a slight delay in getting the gift off though, as we are about to move in the next week.  I've a got no idea as to when it will be, but have to finish off the article properly and don't know where it is at the moment.  I will leave it open till next Thursday and pick one at random.  This will have to be the good old fashioned method of names in a hat.  Hubby will supervise.
If you don't see a posting after the 23rd/24th of January it will be because our phone and internet could be out of action as before, because of our move.  I will let you all know when we are back on line, as to who it was.  Very, very slow here at times, especially when you get a public holiday.  And, yes, we just happen to be moving straight after our Australia Day Holiday.  Oh dear!!!

Now for 2 photos and then I'm off to the living room where it is a lot cooler.  (40 deg at nearly 5pm).

The start of my ripple rug.


This is the other row of the baby quilt and I made 3 of these.  Hopefully after the weekend I can post a photo of the rows together.

We need to go to Ballarat tomorrow for our final inspection and won't be home till Saturday, as we are minding the grandchildren for a while on Friday night on the way back.  Our daughter and her hubby will celebrate 17 years of marriage on the 25th January and are going out for a meal and to the cinema.  I'll probably not look at my blog or any other till Sunday, so until then take care and have a lovely weekend.
Hopefully it will be cooler here.  They have even suspended play on the outside courts at the Australian Open.  Only Hisense and Rod Laver Arena have players on them as they can shut the roof.  Too, too hot.

Susan.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary.

    Is it deliberate that the colours in your ripple rug and baby quilt are the same?

    Have a good trip, hope the weather cools down, and good luck with the move if we don't "speak" before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to imagine the heat over there when we're in the middle of winter. Happy blogiversary. Your ripple's coming on a treat. Mine seems to be growing very slowly, but I don't mind, I'm really enjoying making it. Good luck with the move, I hope everything goes to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you were that new to blogging. Well, Happy Blogiversary and hope you continue. I like your ripple. Looks great. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! I'm glad you started blogging, because otherwise I may not have "met" you! I was going to call you tomorrow, but I'll wait till you get back xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog anniversary Susan. I bet you are praying for cooler weather arent you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on a year of blogging! Hope you keep cool in that heat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversaries to your blog and your lovely husband. Hope the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan
    I'm just catching up on some blog reading after a very busy week! Congrats on the blogiversary, and I hope the move goes well.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy bloggiversary! And despite knowing how hot it is there, I miss that dry heat - I grew up in Africa and living here in gently grey and cool Britain doesn't always warm me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blog birthday, and good luck with the move! I like the look of your ripple very much. I'd like to make one of them one day. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blogversary. I don't know if I could cope with your heat. I think it's interesting that your crocheting and sewing have the same colours in them.

    ReplyDelete