Friday 11 April 2014

DO YOU REMEMBER?


Last year I participated in Sue from Quilt Times, Christmas Quiltalong, which was hosted by Hazel and Joanna.  We were given specific instructions on what to do, but although I stuck to most of them, I goofed on the overall measurement and just showed three blocks I'd made on the finishing date.  Well, now I can show a photo of the wall hanging which is just a tad larger than it was supposed to be.  It isn't quilted yet, but at least it's a flimsy.

Parcels with bright bows.
Another item I started last year was my Ripple Rug, and although I've been crocheting since a child had not worked in wool for many years.  In fact, I'd not done much at all except around a few doilies, so having a go at a ripple, was high on my list.  I couldn't fathom how to do it, even after looking on the web, but a friend showed me this way and I think I've become a bit "hooked". (lol).  Mine is finished and hubby wants one too, so I've started on his.  The width is OK for both of us, but his definitely needs to be longer.  At 6'3", he is just a BIT taller than me at 4'11".

My ripple.

Clever roadside junk.
The photo above was one I'd forgotten I'd taken on a day out, a week or so ago.  This is in a small town just west of Ballarat and makes you stop and have a bit of a giggle.

Just another photo, of what I have been working on this week.  It is still in the early stages, but on my little design wall partly sewn.  The pattern is from a book and hopefully all will be revealed by next week some time.
Ready for more sewing action.

Just a small post that had decided to make me work hard as the photos just wouldn't stay where they were supposed to, so looks a little jumbled.  Not sure what gets into the system at times or whether it is just me.
Take care all and have a good weekend.

12 comments:

  1. How great to see your Christmas challenge quilt as a flimsy. You've got plenty of time now to quilt it and have it hanging for Christmas.

    Your ripple blanket makes me feel that I want to dig out my crochet hook too, and I love your new quilt you're working on.

    As for photos with a mind of their own, I think it's "them" not you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, best get out that crochet hook and do just a little at a time to get back into it. It seems to grow quite fast, even just 30mins whilst watching TV. Glad I'm not the only with photo placing issues.

      Delete
  2. Your ripple is fabulous, I love it. I think you definitely need to make a longer one for your hubby, you don't want his toes sticking out the end. I love the photo of the roadside junk, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, am enjoying the ripple and a lot of that's down to you.

      Delete
  3. Your ripple looks great! I have attempted one but it was a while ago. They do look good though. The road side junk looks good, its great what people come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail, maybe try again with a slightly different version.

      Delete
  4. Your gifts look sweet in the wall hanging. Very original. I love your ripple afghan. It looks comfy. And the last project is totally different. I'm interested to see how it works out. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, and as you may have noticed, it's a wee bit bigger than it's supposed to be. I'm trying to work on that last one as well as quilt Wombling On.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos Susan, even if they won't "behave".

    Dare I suggest (to QuiltSue as well) that you take a deep breath and click the 'HTML' view button (which is next to the 'Compose' button on the top left when you are writing a new post). Write a sample post, put in a couple of pictures, then go and look at the HTML, see what happens if you add some Line Break tags to start with (the 'Preview' option is brilliant for this), and just have a rummage around.

    The thought of actually looking at the HTML used to fill me with dread but now I find it's extremely simple and gives me total control over how my posts look. If you do this on a 'test' post you CAN'T BREAK ANYTHING so don't worry. And don't expect to master it all in half an hour ... it's taken me ages to work out how to edit the code around photos to make them do what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jayne, will try that and I do need to take a deep breath at times anyway. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan I am as ever always trying to catch up with my blog reading! I love your ripple blanket. I keep thinking I would like to have a go but still havent got around to starting one yet. Mind you, I would need to do a youtube tutorial because I havent the faintest idea where to begin! Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ripple is really, really gorgeous. It looks similar to a zigzag/chevron style crochet pattern I've been working on lately. You finished that very quickly I think - my blankets seem to go on for over a year at least! x

    ReplyDelete