Friday 17 October 2014

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, I'm so sorry all my followers, to have not blogged for such a while.  First I know I explained that I was having trouble loading photos whilst away and would catch up as soon as we got back.  Well, that hasn't happened has it?  I do have an excuse though!
We arrived home Thursday, we unpacked, did some washing, had tea and fell into bed.  Friday, more washing, a little shopping, mowing lawns and weeding, fell into bed again.
Saturday, oh no, I'd picked up some yukky tummy bug and spent the day in bed and am only just starting to feel OK and eat again.  Hubby also went down with it, but has picked up better than me.
In amongst all that I've been trying to finish up Dad's affairs and sort things for my brother once again.  Next on the list is to work out where I got up to with the blog, and go through the photos and do some follow up posts.

As most of my followers know, I just love owls.  The photo below was taken at the White Rose Centre in Leeds.


I would also like to say a big thank you to the lovely "new" people I met, along with family and old friends for making our holiday so special.
Now that we are home, I must really get cracking on making Xmas presents and I've already done a little sewing on something I may tell about in a later post.

OH  &  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
These 2 greetings are belated, but we had birthdays this week for Missy Moo who turned 7 on the 15th and Little E who turned 7 on the 16th.  Our two youngest grandchildren are growing up fast and I'll see one on Saturday and the other hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Best go so I can get the day started and sort through the photos later today and maybe do an updated holiday post on Sunday.
Take care all.
Susan.

13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been ill, I hope you're feeling better now. What a lovely photo of you with the owl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I adore owls and have always wanted to hold one. Think I'm finally on the mend and will catch up next week with some more posts on UK. Weather here has been mad, with only 7deg early last week and it's going to be 31 next Wednesday.

      Delete
  2. Susan, it was so lovely to meet you and Jo too. Had a really lovely day. Thank you for the quilting pack. I need some time to myself to get on with it and thank you so much for the ladybird book. A new old one for my collection! Was it from Australia? I will email later but we're away at the coast this week. Hope you're feeling better now. Love anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I think I was so lucky meeting you and Jo together with your hubbies. Gee, I forgot the ladybird book was in there, but I found it in an antique market and thought that you might find it interesting, as it must have come from a school library here, a suburb in Melbourne. Starting to feel better.

      Delete
  3. Hi Susan! Sounds like you have been busy since you got back, glad your feeling better. We like owls too, my daughter was so happy to hold one when we were in York for the day. I have started thinking about Christmas too, crazy that its half way through October already! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to hold an owl for years and you certainly don't get the chance over here, but there seems to be lots of places in UK. I loved it. It's the same with koalas, as long as you are a visitor, you may have a cuddle, but being Australian, you don't get a chance. Weird!!

      Delete
  4. Sorry you have been poorly hope you're on the mend again now. I love owls too, used to see a lot of Barn Owls at our old house. Since moving to the cottage, we only here the little screech ones on the very odd occasion but it is a lovely sound especially if you're awake during the night and hear them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitzi, I'm feeling much better. I've had a fascination with owls since I was very little. We used to have a tawny frogmouth visit us when we lived in Cambewarra and although they aren't technically speaking an owl, they are very similar. I loved that.

      Delete
  5. Welcome home, hope you are feeling better now. It was fabulous to meet you both, thank you so much for coming to 'Bag End' {smile}. Look forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jayne, I am feeling a lot better now and I'll try and get the photos onto my PC over the next few days and send them off. I enjoyed meeting you to, seeing Bag End and Daisy. Hope you're having a good weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you've settled back in now and are over the bug and the jet lag. Travelling is so exhausting! I'm really glad you had a good trip. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you are feeling much better now. Don't ever apologise about not blogging, it is a hobby!! There is no pressure. Lovely to hear from you though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to hear you've had a lovely trip Susan, but sorry that you were hit with a bug. I hope you are soon completely recovered again.
    I want to thank you so much for your lovely message on mine on my return to blogland and I'm sorry my email wouldn't work for you - technology, yuk! I'm looking forward to seeing your makes for Christmas when you get settled into things again. Have fun! xo Joy

    ReplyDelete