Saturday 13 December 2014

PHOTOS - XMAS & OTHERS

I may have had a short break, but I've still been busy.  Just a little of what has been happening in my part of the world in photos.

                                               A START AND A FINISH.

Just started. A quilt I designed using my Quilt Wizard program with fabrics from my stash.  I've already added one border with one to go and hopefully it will be finished early in 2015 to fly off to UK for D & R.

Finally finished.  I started knitting this in winter 2013 and now I can wear it next year.  OK, that was a long time in the making, but other things happened in the meantime.

An early morning walk before it got too hot one Sunday, produced this bunch of flowers.  They are ixias and cow parsley (that's what I call it) and because they aren't native flowers I could pick them along the side of a little dirt road.  I love ixias, especially the blue ones, although these are white with the palest blue centres.

                                                                  XMAS BITS

Today I decided to put up the tree and as we didn't last year, and it was lovely seeing some of my old decorations.

This lot are probably some of the oldest, over 30 years old.

My Aunt made these cute angels, two for me and six for the Xmas shop at Vision in Warragul.  They sold in the first hour.

Theses have been made by my penfriend B, in Cornwall.  I love the pine cone.
Now, I was very naughty whilst away this year and bought a couple of decorations (they were just being put on the shelves in September), at Trago Mill in Cornwall with above penfriend.  I also went to buy some glitter last week and came away with the 2 cupcakes.  I though they were so cute.

Most of you will know why I bought the ice skates!
THE TREE    -   done.
I'll just show what I have on the table, though it is sitting on a half done jigsaw that I found tucked away at the back of a cupboard whilst looking for something else and the other photo is what is sitting on the lounge room window sill.

The tree candle holder, bird & bee were bought at a shop in Skipton in 2011 and the little china angel, the same year  in Germany, on our 7 day adventure to Europe.

I filled this gold sleigh with bits many years ago, but still love it and the table runner was made from some fat quarters, B gave me for Xmas one year.
I know I don't post much about this garden, but I've done a few little things and some are flowering at the moment.  I will maybe show a couple more things over the coming months, if they go OK.

Just one hollyhock I bought at the markets.

A punnet of foxgloves, some flowering and two not doing well at all.  I've even got a pink one coming out now.

This wee pink fuschia came over here as a cutting from our garden in Warragul (hubby did it and he is not a gardener), but it is doing extremely well and has grown very bushy and has loads of little flowers. 
Hope I've not overdone this post, but I have so much to catch up on, not least some more of our UK holiday.  I want to thank the people who left messages on the previous post to last, I appreciated it more than you may think.
Take care all,
Huggles from Susan.

10 comments:

  1. A lovely newsy post. I find tree decorations hard to resist, there's some really lovely ones out there but I love those angels, I'm not surprised they were snapped up so quickly. Your hollyhock is a beauty, it's a plant I've never grown myself. I used to have lots of fuchsias in the garden but I don't have any at the moment, I should remedy that next year as I do like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I too love decorations and usually just look and ooh and aah. After yesterday's heat the garden is looking a tad tired and I wish we'd get some rain.

      Delete
  2. Susan, you have me loving so many of your things. I like your quilt design very much, and love your decorations. I imagine your aunt's angels are very special. Hollyhocks are one of my favorite flowers, but I don't have much luck with them, so I envy your green thumb. Your sweater is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Funny how putting up the tree and seeing things that have been put away for a year bring back great memories. The garden isn't getting much attention due to hot days, so I'm surprised I have both hollyhocks and foxgloves.

      Delete
  3. Of course you haven't overdone the post! I love newsy posts from bloggers, it is a lovely way to catch up and see what you have been up to and that is what it is all about really isn't it! You have some lovely decorations, and I love that you are like me and keep yours for years and years and add some new ones too! It is a nice way to build a collection of memories isn't it. I love your table runner, I have never seen one like with the zig zag edge look, very nice indeed! Looking forward to seeing more of your quilt and nice to see you back again too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I suppose that Xmas decorations never really go out of fashion, which is great for having a good selection. Oh, I've never thought that the runner had a zig zag edge!

      Delete
  4. All your photo's are lovely and looks like you have been very busy. I love Trago Mill and did a quick visit when I went on my flying visit to Cornwall last month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you back :} Quite right that you should have those beautiful decorations to remind you of your trip, when are you planning on coming back again?

    Very envious of that super hollyhock. Last time I grew them they were absolutely covered in rust and I had to dig the plants out. Hopefully the ones I put in this year will do better next summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed these replies, so bit late answering. Wish we were coming over soon, as it was hot yesterday and I don't like heat. Believe it or not, my hollyhock is now suffering rust. Yuk!

      Delete