Wednesday 31 December 2014

LAST POST FOR 2014

Hi all, nearly another year gone.
I will start by saying we had a lovely Xmas, seeing our daughter and family on Xmas day and then went to Canberra on Boxing day and caught up with both sons and families for 2 days before we came home again on 29th.

Presents came in the form of this:

from Hubby.
Our eldest son when told, commented, "and what is Dad going to use that for?"  I am going to try pyrography, something I've wanted to do for about 20 years or more, so we'll see how well I go.
I also received these from my friend Anne of Marmalade and Catmint.

Aren't they cute.  The three owls are hanging in my sewing room now.
There were a few other gifts that I've not taken photos of, but may tell about these at a later date.
Hubby has been busy making bits and pieces, again some of which I've not photographed yet, but this is one we lit on Xmas Eve.

My yule log with tealights.  He made two more, which I gave one to our daughter and one to youngest son.  I think he may have to make some more ready for next Xmas.

Finishing up this year with a few odd photos from both our trip and just because.

Three books I purchased very cheap.  I don't ever seem to come home without a few books.

Fungi near Bolton Abbey.

Stained glass window in the church at Bolton Abbey, where I felt so close to my late Dad, although he never visited the UK.

The most enormous slug I've ever seen.  This was taken in my brother-in-laws garden.  Ours aren't anywhere near this big.  Ugh!


A squirrel in a tree in Roundhay Park.  I know, it's grey, but I don't think I'll ever see a red one  in the flesh.

One silly old lady in front of a Stobart truck.  Yes, we do watch Truckers, and I did count the trucks and try and get the names.  Sad isn't it?  The driver had a quick chat with us, which was really nice.

Two beautiful donkeys and I do love them as much as owls and  I suppose you could say lots of other animals.  The hand belongs to one very wonderful friend.
Now just a couple of photos of what was in the glasshouse in the Botanic gardens a few weeks before Xmas.






Now I'm not going to make any New Year's Resolutions as I usually make them up in my head and forget what I've thought about altogether or write them down and realise that it's not what I really want to do and don't keep them.  Then as with most people, you feel bad about yourself and that's not what I want anymore.  I am going to set some Challenges for myself as does Jo from Through the Keyhole Keyhole and Lucie from Lucie the Happy Quilter.  Mine may be in two parts with both one for my quilting and just one in general.
OK, that's enough from me for tonight.  Hope you all have a wonderful New Year and that 2015 brings you much happiness.
Take care, love and huggles,
Susan.

12 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best with your new year challenges! I hope that your New Year will be wonderful! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I recognise that hand stroking the donkey. Looking forward to hearing more about your challenges, I've just got a few hours left to finalise mine ready for the new year. Wishing you and all your family all the very best for 2015, hope it brings everything you're wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. My list keeps growing so I'm going to have to prioritise. I've already quilted a small quilt today, but tomorrow and Saturday might be more challenging as it's going to be around 40deg. YUK!!

      Delete
  3. And a happy new year to you Susan, hope it is everything you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy and same to you. Must look at the list you sent me and see about a retreat.

      Delete
  4. Some familiar places, we are 'Stobart' fans too, the boys try to spot them whilst we are out driving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though we don't live there, they are familiar to us and I'd sure like to be back there at the moment with this heat predicted. We once had our own truck, hence being into that sort of thing and with two sons who love cars and bikes as well, transport figures heavily in our lives.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year. I looked up pyrography so at least I know what you will be doing with your Christmas gift:) I'm sure you will be good at it. Hoping we all have a good and healthy year ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Actually I may not be good at it, as I'll have to trace something because I can't draw. I love trying something new though. Have a great year and take care.

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year to you both Susan. It was lovely meeting you both in 2014 and hope to see you again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to both of you too. I'd love to think that we'll be able to see each other again. Take care.

      Delete