Monday 9 March 2015

BEING ME ------ NO MOJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first thing to do is a big  THANK YOU to all the comments I received on my last post and to say sorry for not replying and being away for so long.

Explanation to this, is that some of you know that I suffer with very bad anxiety, which is a bit out of hand at the moment, as we are trying to work out what to do soon.  Neither of us enjoy living here and we are contemplating moving back to where we were.  We've decided that we didn't really think things through and it's been a tough 12 months, with too many changes all at once.  As well as the above, my poor arthritic feet are giving me merry hell at the moment, which although painful, is also a jolly nuisance. So much for getting older and wiser.  For the last couple of weeks, I've not done any sewing, gardening, baking, photography, flower arranging, piano playing or even been near the computer. (just housework)   I've no mojo at all, so maybe doing a blog post will get me on the go again.

I want to congratulate HAWTHORN on knowing exactly which garden I showed on my last post.  It was Parceval Hall near Appletreewick in North Yorkshire.  I absolutely loved it and seeing a "real" hedgehog made it even more special.

As this supposed to be in part a "QUILT" blog, I'll show the six quilts I took with me to England in 2011.  There were three wedding quilts, although two had been the year before and three baby quilts.

Baby quilt for my niece's first little one.

Baby quilt for my above niece's best friend's little one.
Wedding quilt for the above little one's Mum and Dad.
Baby quilt for my great niece's third little one.


Wedding quilt for another niece.  This was the wedding we attended on that particular trip.


This is the wedding quilt for the above niece's sister who got married in 2010.
OK, that is my lot for today, just letting everyone know that I'm still here, although very stressed.  I'll try and catch up on some blog reading tonight and hopefully won't be away for so long.  I do love that so many of you have become good pals and I don't want to lose those special friendships, as long as you don't mind that I probably told you too much about myself.
Hope everyone has a lovely week and that my northern hemisphere readers are slowly warming up with nicer weather coming.  Are the daffodils in bloom yet?
Take care all and lots of huggles.
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, Sorry to hear you are having some troubles. Not being happy where you are living can cause such stress and then it has a domino affect on everything else. I hope you decide what you will do soon, maybe that will help you get a bit of your mojo back. The daffodils are starting to appear along the bridle path near the house, but we had frost this morning! Your quilts looks lovely as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, anxiety can be a tricky bugger can't it and not helped when you are going through a stressful time. I'm sure you will work it all out eventually but it's not easy at the time. Lots of lovely quilts and I am sure all the recipients will treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that you'll feel better once you've got everything sorted out and you know what's going to be happening in the future. Don't worry about the blog, most people take a break at one time or another and your friends will always be here when you return. I love Appletreewick and the area around there but I've never been to Parceval Hall, though I've seen it on a programme, perhaps Gardener's World. Your quilts are beautiful, I particularly like the first one with the owl. I've got a few tete a tetes out now, the ones in the ground but the container grown ones aren't flowering yet. The daffodils are budding up so they won't be long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you are dealing with these issues. It's not easy to deal with anxiety and it can really wear you down. I hope your feet start getting better soon. I understand that problem totally having RA. You will be in my thoughts as you work through all this. I hope your stress level evens out.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read that things are difficult. It's horrible when everything feels 'out of control'. I hope things soon find a more 'even keel'. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all the quilts are all beautiful! Please believe me when I say that with love and support you can come through your anxiety and at the least be able to "handle" it even if it never goes completely. Do not hesitate to ask for the support that you need, whatever that may be. Also, take all the time you need away from blogging, your bloggy pals will still be here when you are able to return, whenever that may be. True friends stay! Take care of yourself and do what you need to do. Hugs to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Daffodils blooming here yet,, except in the florist section of the Home Depot. But today for the first time in many weeks I am seeing a bit of grass in the back yard. I'm hoping everything falls into place for you, and I give you credit for trying out a new place and experiencing the adventure, even if it isn't working out. Beautiful quilts, every one. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Susan, I'm really sorry things have been so tough lately. I have experienced anxiety and agree with Amy above when she says you can get a handle on it and manage it. But it must be awful to not like where you live. I hope you can find a way through this which makes you happy. Take care. And yes, the daffodils popped up last week. Earlier than they did in Yorkshire, must be because it's that little bit warmer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie, I know it's hard right now but hang on - this too shall pass. As we said on Skype the other day, making a big decision is the hard bit. Once the decision is made, implementing it isn't half as difficult as you imagine. Thinking of you, I'm sure we'll have a catch up soon :-}

    ReplyDelete