Sunday 22 March 2015

TAKING A WALK --- THAT'S BETTER.

OK, first thank you so much for words of thoughtfulness and encouragement.  I was so overwhelmed, I just couldn't reply, but thanks again.  I am still very stressed, but am working my way through it.

Today, Sunday, as it was a lovely day (although windy), we decided to tackle another section of the Skipton to Ballarat rail trail.
I'll just show some photos with captions.

Ooh, gorgeous donkeys.

Ever so dry scenery.
 Coming back, we followed the road, which had been running parallel to the trail.

A small stone hut.
An old iron shearing shed.

Letterboxes on the corner of a lane.

Old horse drinking trough with no water in it.
An old waymarker.

Has this rusting car lost it's back end or is it down a hole?
We walked for just over an hour and decided it was time for lunch, so went back to the car and drove a little way to a road signposted to Nimons Bridge.  Now this is actually on the trail, but we thought we'd have our picnic there and that would be the point we could start from next time.  Hopefully the following photos show how high the trestle bridge is.

Hubby making our cups of tea after we'd eaten.  We take our trusty picnic basket and thermos with us everywhere.

The trestle bridge.  We walked across the creek, up the hill, and then over bridge.

Looking to my left, I could see the spoil heaps left from the gold rush days, which dot the area all round Ballarat.

Looking to the right, I could see the creek flowing across the paddocks toward the horizon.
On the way home we passed through a small town called Cape Clear, which is nowhere near the coast, but they have a sign in front of the pic below, which reads  -  Every Cape needs a lighthouse.


Now, although I've not posted of late, I've still been doing.  Mostly decluttering, which isn't very exciting, but I have managed to finish my blogiversary gift and get it posted and have this quilt on the machine ready to go.

Isn't this just gorgeous for seven year old.
 My dear daughter made this for Missy Moo and it's up to me to quilt it.  She does the most beautiful stitcheries and then designed the surrounding blocks herself.  Some may remember that I also quilted Master L's quilt and showed it in the early days of my blog.  I hope I can do this one justice.

Well, at least I'm back on the computer and even if I can post at least once a week, it means I'm getting there.  I've also started a nice thick woolly jumper for myself, as our winter will be with us before we know it and I've got to get those two baby quilts done and the cat mat, so hopefully I'll have some crafty bits to tell about in the near future.

That's all for now and hoping everyone is having a good weekend.
Take care. lots of huggle and thanks.
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely day, such gorgeous scenery and those donkey's reminded me of our visit to Temple Newsam. The quilt your daughter made is beautiful, she's obviously inherited your skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, and yes the donkeys did remind me of our visit to Temple Newsam. These two, I think were fairly young and quite skittish and playful. C is very clever in many things.

      Delete
  2. Such a nice adventure you had; the pictures are nice, especially with that beautiful sky. Love that quilt, too, with it's bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. We had a great walk, which we've not done in a while, only short ones close to home. I'll show the quilt again once it's quilted.

      Delete
  3. Keep taking care of yourself and enjoy what you are doing. It is good that you have had some lovely visits out, I hope they have cheered and inspired you. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I am taking care and of hubby. It was good going a bit further afield again, especially while the weather is good. Those are the days that make for good photos.

      Delete
  4. It's great that you managed to get out and do some walking. You live in a lovely part of the world. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jan, I do like a good walk and don't seem to have been for many lately. I also love taking my camera and hopefully get some nice pics.

    ReplyDelete