Thursday 30 July 2015

CRAFTY CATCHUP.

Just a quick post from a rather damp Oz on the crafting front.

Photo below is the front of quilt shown in an earlier post.  I just showed the quilting pattern on the back before.  The block I've used is called 4 Patch Chain and is an old traditional one.  I played with this when I first purchased my Quilt Wizard program in 2008 and coloured it many ways, but did like this version.  I made this last summer and quilted it just recently.

Country Casual.

This is the next quilt that went on the machine.  Binding is now attached and awaiting hand sewing to back.  These star blocks were made when I thought I would be teaching (lol), some years ago, which didn't happen.  I used the no waste flying geese method and only two fabrics in the whole quilt.  I then had to decide what to do with them.  Out came the good old graph paper and this is what developed.  I quilted it with a pattern from Lorien called Twinkle.

Rainbow Stars.
FOUNDATION PAPER PIECING (FPP)

Quite a few blogs I follow have mentioned FPP recently including me on my last post.  My good friend Janette has surpassed me by starting these 5" blocks, which I definitely don't do these days.  Although my eyesight is reasonable, I just struggle with "teeny" now.  I took these photos on Sunday night whilst visiting for a lovely meal.  Also took the photo of their beautiful King Charles spaniel, Wednesday.

Itty bitty pineapple block.

Back with some of the paper foundation.

Wednesday.
Above photo is also by Janette, who went to a class on Monday to brush up on Free Motion quilting skills to use on her HQ Sweet Sixteen, which is machine that has 16 inches of throat space for more manouvrability of your quilt.

FLOWER ARRANGING.

As I have very few flowers in this garden at the moment, it is difficult to find something to bring inside, bu there is a viburnum tinus flowering and it looks quite good sitting atop the piano.



Not much more has happened so far this week.  It is still wet and cold with more inclement weather on the way.  Can't wait to be able to get into the garden and get some pics of what I want to do out there, though I have planted a lilac, but nothing else yet. The cricket in Birmingham certainly isn't going our way, so maybe I'd better be "English" this week.(lol)  Nearly time to prepare tea and hopefully I'll have something interesting to post over the weekend.
Take care all, Susan.

5 comments:

  1. Both you and your friend are very talented in the quilting department! All of the things you showed are lovely! Hope that the weather improves for you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cold and wet here too! The temps are low enough at night for the weather forecasters to keep warning of frost, and this is supposed to be high summer for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the star quilt. The colours really make it pop! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts always inspire me! I hope that the weather starts to get a little better soon. We have had the usual damp and cool late July here in the UK. Jx

    ReplyDelete