Saturday 11 July 2015

I AM STILL HERE!

Ok, lots of apologies to all about not blogging and only sporadical commenting.

I think I both overdid it and expected far too much of the move and ended up both physically and mentally exhausted and being diagnosed with severe anxiety.  Luckily I have plenty of help here with good doctors and several friends who have been here for me in person and on the phone.  My biggest thanks of course go to my wonderful husband who has supported me through this rather trying time.
Enough of that and now lets look at some photos.

My first is something my DD is doing at the moment.  A beautiful crocheted rug for her sister-in-law who is expecting her first baby.

Aren't the colours delicious!
Now onto a bit about the house.  When we bought it, of course we knew there were a lot of tiles, but we were going to give them a trial run and think about what we may do, but, being one of the coldest winters in many years, we decided that something had to be done straight away.  We were both feeling the hardness and cold through our feet and legs, so vinyl for the kitchen and carpet for the family area which is where Bubs and my sewing area are now.

On 2/7/15 which is when the scree was to go down, I had to go to hospital for a gastroscopy and forgot to take any before photos of the kitchen, but took these when I got home that afternoon.

Scree done.

Vinyl down.

Another view.
Next a couple of pics of the extent of the tiles, then with carpet down.

Extent of the tiles and no the lounge did not stay there, but wouldn't go through the sliding door, so ended up in the kitchen bit.

Carpet down and machine back in position, but then I decided it was no good there so we have moved it again.  This is a mammoth task, but being on wheels does make it somewhat easier.
Now  a couple of photos of the more or less completed rooms now and a couple of odd ones.

New position of machine.


Bookcases back in place with all their books.

Sewing area and the cutting table is now over in the corner after being fixed.  I was sewing in the back bedroom, but felt too isolated, so will see how this goes.

Kitchen back together once again.
Just two more pics for today, no actually "3",

Some old blocks I took from the WIP box  and did some simple sashing.  I'll post another photo once it is quilted.  You may have noticed that there is a small quilt on the machine.  I've had a little problem with the bobbin winder, so it is a bit slow on that front at the moment.

A beautiful dark hellebore I found in the garden.  I'll talk more about the garden in another post.

Also found in the garden, although there was no other veg in sight.  We found more when DD and family visited on Wednesday.  I will be getting veg in sooner or later.
I'll hopefully post again during the week.  I'll leave it at that for now and hope that I still have a few followers.  I'm still in big declutter mode, which is taking up a lot of time, but I am leaving some time for myself to potter around too.  I am off for a hot cup of tea and listen to how we are in for a Polar blast from the South.  I've watched a little tennis and am now enjoying The Ashes, which are both on after 8.30pm our time.
Take care all and sending huggles to my blogpals too.
Susan.

18 comments:

  1. It's been a trying time for you with two big moves in such a short space of time, I do hope you're feeling a little better now. I can imagine how cold it must have been with so many tiles, I'm sure the vinyl and carpet will be much cosier for you in the cold weather. I love the colours of your daughter's blanket, they go so well together and I'm sure her sister in law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I think I'm feeling quite a bit better and the carpet certainly makes a difference and the room doesn't echo any more.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear that you have not been so good. I hope that you are now on the mend in mind and body, take some time to relax and enjoy your new home which looks beautiful by the way! I think that I would have changed all those tiles too! I like a "hard" floor of some sort in the kitchen and bathroom, but I do prefer carpet otherwise! Great to hear from you though. Keep taking care of yourself. Big hugs and all good thoughts. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I feel quite silly at times, but we all cope in different ways and somehow I just overdid it I think. Carpet & vinyl make such a difference, especially in this cold weather.

      Delete
  3. Take care of yourself, Susan! As I keep having to remind myself - it doesn't all need to get done today. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne and I'll remember that - It doesn't all need to be done at once -.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to hear from you - but do take it easier - think of it as work in progress and enjoy your new home. I remember tiles from living in Africa, lovely and cool in summer, absolutely stone cold hard and unforgiving in winter! Keep well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn. I'll try with the "taking it easier". Bad habits are hard to break.

      Delete
  5. The crochet afghan is lovely, and I like the colors, too. Your kitchen looks nice and bright. I hope settle down for you soon and you can enjoy your new home. It looks like it's coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Joanna. DD has a good eye for colour. Think I may pull out some wool soon and start a rug too, as I find crochet good for relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving is ruddy hard even if you're in tip-top shape even before you start. Glad you feel like blogging again, that's always a good sign :-)

    Thanks for the glimpses of your new home, it looks lovely - so much space, room to breath. Your new vinyl looks identical to mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. Actually the vinyl are those plank type ones so that if we damage it or decide to change the kitchen we can just replace one if we need to. (They left a box of them for us). In our old house here, we had the timber look vinyl and I always loved it. Better on our feet and legs already and the carpet is certainly warmer.

      Delete
  8. Welcome back, you were missed in this blogland. Your home looks lovely, enjoy it and hope you get back into the quilting soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I'll try and ring soon and I'm already getting back into the quilting, but not in the garden in this miserable weather we are having. The rain is good, but oh the grey skies!

      Delete
  9. Just found your blog! Looks like you've done loads, your new place looks great but my favourite pic is the one with your ironing board in it - I love the cover lol!!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, will pop over to your blog and take a look. I also have a peg bag I made with some of the leftover fabric, as I'm a bird of prey geek.

      Delete
  10. I'm with you on carpet vs tiles. I'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Carpets great with the cold weather we are experiencing at the moment.

      Delete