Thursday 1 October 2015

I AM STILL HERE!!!!!!

OK, I know I've been quiet lately, but I've not been well (again!).  Seems like I have a bad case of sinus, which has sent me downhill, with lots of yukky stuff about it, especially not being able to wear my glasses all the time, which makes using the computer a tad difficult.  I'll leave it at that, as I'm sure no-one needs the details.

Now, although I've no mojo or energy, I've been trying to get along with at least a few bits'n'pieces.

READING.
I'll admit to not doing much of this so far this year, but am just finishing one of these.

I read Walking Home first and thoroughly enjoyed it, so borrowed the other and have nearly finished it now.  I have laughed and cried my way through this one so far, and am finding it difficult to put down.  I actually don't want it to finish.

GARDENING.
I have only done a little pottering, but have achieved something, I think.  Tomatoes in pots for now, lettuce in an old tin bath tub, silver beet in a self watering trough and beans and marigolds in the back veg bed that we want to make into raised beds at some time which will be easier on back and ribs. (sigh)!  Some bulbs in pots have flowered too, though are finished now.





CRAFTING - Crochet.
A finish on the crochet front and a new start.
This is now finished and I can't find the photo????

This is the Spice of Life rug that is shown on Jo's blog Through the Keyhole, that is running as a crochetalong.
Quilting.
Back in August, I actually quilted 2 old tops and will probably take them to the children's hospital as a donation.  They were both made a looooong time ago to try out something new or because I liked an element of a particular quilt.  I have the bindings to handsew on both, and this is being done of a night along with the crocheting.


And this has been sitting on the machine ready for a quilt for nearly 3 weeks, as I just can't get my act together.
Well, not a brilliant post for the first time in a month.  We did a lovely walk a couple of weekends ago, so I'll try and post about that over the weekend along with anything else I may have done last month that I've forgotten.
Tomorrow, and I still can't believe this, here in Victoria we are having a 'public' holiday, all because of a football match.  Yikes!!!!
Take care all.
Susan.

24 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you, was wondering if you were ok. Did miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're not well. Sinuses can be painful things, I remember my sister having to have hers washed out. I may have to look out those books, they sound good, I remember seeing them before and wondering about them. I love the colours you're using for your blanket, I think they go really well together. I must admit that I've using the suggested yarn and there's no way I would have put the same colours together if it were up to me but I'm actually enjoying how they're working together. I must do a post about it soon. Spring bulbs, sigh, how I wish it were that time of year here, all we've to look forward to is winter and that's my least favourite season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Choosing the colours was not so much hard, but what I could actually get, as I wanted to use pure wool and found some on special in Spotlight. Have written them all down on the colour sheet and they're not too far off the colours you are using, so I'll be able keep track better. Look forward to your post. Take care.

      Delete
  3. It's nice to hear from you again.... but I'm sorry that you've been ill. Sinus problems can hang around for ages and be really uncomfortable. Look after yourself, Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan and I'm just about to pop over to your blog and see what you've been up to while away. I've been plinking a wee bit on my tiny harp and always think of you. Middle C sounds awful and I don't know how to fix it.

      Delete
  4. Quilting is hard work. We have quilts all over our house--many of them were made by my husband's grandmother and great grandmother. It's so nice he has something to remember them by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie for popping by and not sure how you found my blog, but I see you're an author so I may see if our library has one of your books. I do love quilting but no mojo at the moment, which I must get back.

      Delete
  5. My library only has one Claire Balding, My Animals and Other Family, so I put it on hold for me. The two donation quilts are just gorgeous. Your garden is so neat; it will be fun be to see what you grow. I'm pulling out the tomatoes now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanna and thanks. The Walking Home one is quite new (2014), so they may get it soon. Not sure about the garden being neat, but I'm getting bits done when I have the energy, which is really lacking at the moment.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back - hope you're feeling a little better every day. Your mojo will find itself - don't worry :) I'm glad you have enjoyed the Clare Balding books - you can listen to her programmes too - she has a lovely tone and is such a lovely easy listen - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006xrr2/episodes/downloads. Now get yourself well and enjoy your spring weather and think on us going into winter!! xx hugs k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn. Yes, the books have been enjoyable and she has a great writing style (a bit like someone else I know?). Not sure I know how to do the listening thing as I'm not real computer savvy, but I have seen her on TV at some time, though not sure when. Maybe whilst we've been on holiday in UK.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear you've not been well, Susan. Sinus pain is awful. Been there, done that - as they say. Hope you start feeling a lot better soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, it seems to come and go during the day, so just when you think you're on top of it, the symptons seem to return and you feel yuck again.

      Delete
  8. Lovely to hear from you Susan. Sorry to hear that you have not been well, I hope that spring will help you to feel better. As much as I like autumn, I like to see spring springing on the other side of the world at the same time, so thank you for sharing that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Amy. Spring has been lovely, but today is predicted as 31deg, which is awfully hot for this time of year and we've been told it will be a long, hot, dry summer, which is scary. Although it was cold and very overcast during winter, we didn't get anywhere near our average rainfall, so that adds to the worry of fires this season. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well soon. Sinus trouble is horrible so I hope it clears up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you, Susan! I like your blanket colours. Does the wool crochet up well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes it is crocheting well, and although made in China, it is Australian merino wool, so am pleased even if the colours weren't the best.

      Delete
  12. Hi Susan thanks for your comment, I'm so behind blogging I think I might start again later on this week!! I'm sorry to hear you'v been unwell I'm in the middle of pneumonia after the flu but am getting better now. I've been reading through your blog too & am unbelievable jealous that you have a Morris Minor. I've started the Spice of Life blanket too but am currently two weeks behind or I will be when the next pattern is published tomorrow, I'm looking forward to being your swap partner on Jo's 12 days of Christmas & have a couple of gifts already for you. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving the comment Jo and once you're better we'll email. (susandotsmith49@bigponddotcom). Sorry to hear it ended up as pneumonia and just look after yourself. I've also started with some gifts and more or less know what I'd like to get for the rest. Isn't it fun and am looking forward to seeing what some of the others do as well. Take care.

      Delete
  13. Morning Susan, hope the horrible sinus thing has cleared up, not at all nice and can be so painful :-{

    Garden looking good, as are your quilts. If you've 'only' had a top on the machine three weeks pat yourself on the back. There is no way I am admitting how long a small piece has been pinned on my machine . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not cleared up properly yet and I must pop you an email soon. Thanks about the garden, but that's some of what I will tell in a post soon, as we are supposedly going to have one awful summer, as the fire season has started already. I've actually started to tackle that one on the machine. Take care.

      Delete