Sunday 18 October 2015

POOTLING ALONG

A busy week, but not much in the way of photos taken, as it seemed to be made up mostly of appointments and such.
Monday, the doctor, Tuesday, dentist, Wednesday, optometrist and Thursday, a massage.  Friday saw us head towards Melbourne to shop for a couple of things not available here in our area.  On the way home, I stopped off at friend V's and found she'd been hospital to have here gall bladder removed.  As she has a long-arm machine too and not able to use it at the moment, she passed over two baby quilts to be quilted by the end of October.  That's OK as I've nothing on the machine at the moment.

On Saturday we went to the weekly meeting of the WGVRC (West Gippsland Vehicle Restorer's Club) which we recently joined.  On the third Saturday of the month, some of them go on a short run to have a barbecue/picnic, which makes a lovely outing.  This time it was out to Blue Rock Dam, where we sat and ate and chatted.  The others all left around 2pm, but hubby and I stayed and had a walk along part of the Lake and back again.  It was a nice day and not too hot.  I only took one photo.


This was the first part of the walk, then we headed toward the edge of the village and back along a path beside the road, which was shaded by lots of trees.

A LITTLE CRAFTING.
Not a lot has been done this week, but I have managed to get 'this' to a stage where it now only needs the borders.


I think it was back in May 2013, I showed these stitcheries I'd done and not sure how to set them.  A lot of graph paper and browsing through books etc., I came up with a couple of ideas how to set seven individual blocks.  Not all went smoothly, with lots of unpicking, running out of blue fabric and changing a couple of bits around.  Hopefully, once the baby quilts are done, I'll finish this.

I have managed to fit some crocheting in of a night, along with working on a few little things for my Xmas swap partner.

It's growing.
I'm probably not as far along as some, but still enjoying.

Other Stuff.
The Morris Minor is coming along slowly, with the tray sides still to be done.  It has had it's first coat of paint and we actually took it down to town today to pick up some milk.  It's not been out for about 3 months, I'll post a pic soon.
The garden is sort of plodding along and our two baby magpies have taken flight, we think, as the nest is sometimes empty.  It's been fun to watch all the comings and goings from the olive tree.

About all for now.  Have a good week and take care.
Susan.


14 comments:

  1. Love that blue and yellow quilt! A Morris Minor? I remember these as district nurse's cars - in a dull green. What colour is yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shandy. Our Morris is red and is a utility (pickup to UK friends). I'm going to do a post soon about it how we acquired it and did it up.

      Delete
  2. A bit of a mixed week with the appointments and outings, some lovely things, some not so nice, I hate going to the dentists. Your blanket's coming along well, you're still further along than I am but that's another story which I'll tell in a post at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jo, it was certainly a funny old week. I've only been doing a couple of rows each night, but it's growing quite quickly.

      Delete
  3. You've been busy. Your quilt top is lovely and verydifferent. I like your crochet. Stopping to smell the roses; that's a wonderful thing to be doing right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. I've only got 'one' rose in the garden and it's very small and new. This garden didn't have any at all.

      Delete
  4. What a busy week! But how nice to end it with your walk :) It has been a while since I crocheted - I forget how quickly it does grow in comparison to knitting - have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too busy Hawthorn, but at least we relaxed on Saturday. I must admit that crochet does go fast on a rug. Thanks too.

      Delete
  5. You have had a busy week, Susan - and a productive one as well! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, and sort of productive, but yes, very busy.

      Delete
  6. It's easy to keep busy isn't it? Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan it sounds like you've been busy & you've made a lot more progress on your blanket than I have on mine!. I'm struggling to get through on your email address perhaps if you email me on awholeplotoflove@gmail.com I hope you have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. OK, I'll pop you an email later today. Maybe I made a typing error, but I'll definitely be in touch.

      Delete