Friday 18 November 2016

JUST BITS!

It is nearly another week gone & what have I done.  Lots, but not much.

A few forgotten photos, moments & craft to follow.  I'm not even sure where this week has gone,, but I do know that I went to a small craft & chat group Tuesday, coffee/cake run with car club Wednesday, up into the Dandenong ranges yesterday to see the National Rhododendron Garden, which was a wee bit disappointing & today (Friday), I've a podiatrist appointment.  Oh, and in the last 2 weeks, we've visited DD & family and also been to Phillip Island, one of our favourites.  This particular day was  windy & we wondered about the size of the waves.  We were in awe of the way they were breaking, then blowing back on themselves.

The Styrofoam ball I've been working on, sitting atop a gorgeous candlestick fashioned by my very clever hubby.

DD's pretty granny square rug she is working on at the moment.  I love these colours.


Now for the two new arrivals at DD's house.


Top is Twyla & below is Buffy.
They are very cute & evidently becoming quite lovable & cuddly, as well as very mischievous.
PHILLIP ISLAND.

You can see from this photo how rough it was.  I do have a video clip showing the waving grass & waves breaking in the background, but it may make you a bit seasick. (lol).

The view from the windows of the cafe/visitor centre at the end of the island where you can see seals on the rocks on a good day.

.
Isn't this an awesome piece of scrap art.  It is at the start of a nature walk that we will attempt on a not so windy day.
ON THE HOME FRONT.

The handles, no, they were knobs really, were something I did not like at all.
No. 1  They were gold 😞
No. 2 Some were very tarnished.




NEW LOOK.
Much better.😊


I think they look so much better and I do like handles, rather than knobs.
We were lucky that one of our big Hardware chains are closing down and have some very good deals at the moment.  60% off these handles, so way more affordable.  Our oven also died just before we left for the UK & we got a new one of those from the same place and paid less than half.  Bargain!  I can now bake again.  Please excuse the state of my benchtops, as I didn't clear them very well before taking the photos & as you can see my problem of having the big machine on show to all and not in a studio.😢
Can you see my new toy?  If you can guess what it is I may send someone a small gift.
OK, best go and take my feet along to the appointment.  Have a great weekend all and take care.
Huggles, Susan.
Pssst!, I'm off to AQM tomorrow and hope to meet up with Judy from News from Jude.
BYE.

7 comments:

  1. Aww, the kitties are most cute - are you going to be surrogate Gran and find yourself babysitting?
    Love the new handles, fabulous transformation for a bargain price. When we had our kitchen painted I changed the horrible metal handles for wooden knobs and it makes so much difference.
    No good at guessing games, unless it is a new camera, 'cos your photos are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne & yes we may have to babysit. No, it's not a new camera. Good try.

      Delete
  2. Awww, how cute are those cats. I miss having a cat around but Daniel became allergic after we had to have our puss put to sleep and they bring on an asthma attack now so we can't have one. Changing the handles makes a big difference to the look of your cupboards, I much prefer the ones you have now. No idea what the new toy is, is it the white thing that's plugged in? Hard to see. Could it be a phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I also miss not having a pet, but with a caravan, it's not so easy to get away & Oz isn't quite as pet friendly as UK, though it's getting better. It is our phone plugged in, but that's not it.

      Delete
  3. Cute kitties and those handles look so much better! Say hi to Judy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I saw Judy briefly & said hello. We had the usual Melbourne transport problems with buses instead of trains part the way, so were running very late.

      Delete
  4. Was good to catch up Susan, and yes it was brief because we were later than planned as well. But still managed to spend too much money.

    ReplyDelete