Thursday 6 April 2017

APRIL.....ALREADY!!!!!!

A quick mid-week catch-up,  with not much at all really.

I've made the rest of the blocks for the last quilt in the grand-daughter series & here they are.


We have 4 of them both and they are actually different.
Being a stash busting exercise, I found that I did not have enough of the background fabric, hence a
few different cream fabrics have been used. 

4 of these will be in the corners of the border.
I'd like to think I can get most of this sewn up over the weekend for a show and tell on Monday.  It won't be quilted, but at least you'll be able to see them all fit together.

As I spoke about our wedding anniversary last post, I've a few photos to show of how we spent the day, but silly old me, forgot to take some of the best photos of a wonderful old house, that we plan to visit again soon.  The history was fascinating.  We made good use of our National Trust cards on the day.


First we went to Mulberry Hill and had a quick self guided tour, but as they had a bus load in and another lot already viewing, it was fleeting.  They still have quite a bit of work to do on parts of the property, so "may" go again one day.
We then headed further down the Mornington Peninsular and went to McCrae Homestead, where I forgot to take photos.  This has a fascinating past & I'd like to share more about it once we've been again.

Off to the tip of the peninsular to see the lighthouse.

Lighthouse and cottages.

Great view of the coast.

Closeup of the lighthouse.

The Assistant Lightkeepers cottage.
Last, but not least, a view of Port Phillip Bay from a view point on the road from Arthur
s Seat where there is a chair lift up to an even better view, I believe.  I've never been on it. We ate fish & chips for tea as a treat, which we don't have very often.  For once, I quite enjoyed, as the fish wasn't heavily battered & the chips well cooked, but still soft inside.  I am very fussy.............

Port Phillip Bay.

OK, that was just a titbit, as these photos, keep rearranging themselves, and I might just lose my cool.

Hope to be back Monday with a winner for the "giveaway"

Take care all,  Susan.






6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 40 years together, it looks like you had a wonderful day out to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What a lovely day trip you had! Love the flower blocks, can't wait to see it all together xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations :) You must have been enjoying yourself so much that you forgot to take pictures! It feels like aaaaages since I last had fish n chips (nom nom) Looking forward to your show and tellx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures of the sites you visited; the house is lovely with the flowers in the foreground. The area looks beautiful. Love your tulip blocks. I have a tulip wall hanging pattern that I keep meaning to make for this year. Gotta get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely anniversary trip! Congratulations!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary and congratulations! You live a in a beautiful corner of the world. Jx

    ReplyDelete