Friday 31 March 2017

FINISHING STITCHES - MARCH

AND A FEW OTHER BITS!

OK, I'm actually joining in with Joy this month to show that I am finishing a few UFO's & stash busting too.

But, before we start, this calendar will be turned over tomorrow & one of my favourite places will not be in front of me as I walk into my sewing room.  Wonder what Aprils' will be?

First finish photo.

Kansas Dugout from a Mary Ellen Hopkins pattern.
I pieced this top back in "about" 2001 I think and finally quilted it in October last year.  It was the first thing I put on the machine after our UK trip.  The binding went on in February this year & was finished in early March.  I'll possibly either sell it or give it to charity.

Second and third.
I know these have both been on recently.  They  both now have binding & are finished.
They come from my stash busting efforts.  One jelly roll, white background fabric, a beautiful rose fabric I purchased as I loved it, and plenty of black leftover scraps.



I'm trying to be creative with the photos.  Have I been successful?  Not too sure about that, as I can't seem to find anywhere to photograph them.

Fourth.

The Fish & Chip table runner.
I told the story of this in my last post & voila, binding on  now too.

Fifth.



The cupcake crochet rug from Attic 24 finally finished.  DD bought me the pack of wool, last Mother's Day & when it arrived all the way from Wool Warehouse in UK, I was so excited, I nearly hugged the parcel delivery man. (I didn't).  It came along slowly until the hot weather hit, then I slowed to halt at the border.  Just too hot over the lap, but as our nights have cooled, it came out and, yes, it is done.  Closeup so you can see the dainty striped edging.

Sixth.


Hubby made this little sign (trying to tell me something I don't do well), & I said I would paint it.  Oh dear, it languished colourless for a couple of months till last Wednesday, when out came my paints & now sits proudly above a photo collage frame of my blogging friends who keep watch over me whilst sewing.  Thank you all for being here for me.

Seventh.
Well sort of a finish!!!!!
Blueberry Muffins.
Remember the recipe awaiting "baking" on the book holder in my Scavenger Photo Hunt this month.
They were made this morning, using a combination of 2 recipes, due to lack of buttermilk & vegetable oil. We tried one each this afternoon & Hubby announced they were yummy & light, so I'll write the recipe down, so I can use it again.

Maybe not all stitching, but definitely all waiting to be done.

FINALE.

I am having a little giveaway to anyone who comments on my blog between now and Sunday 9th April.  I will draw a winner on the 10th (grandson B2's 11th birthday).  It is to celebrate my 4th blog anniversary,(Jan this year), 40th wedding anniversary & also my first quilt made 40 years ago too.

Whilst sitting here composing this, there has been more news of the devastation cyclone Debbie has left in her wake as she now travels down the coast of New South Wales.  Definitely a big storm which has hurt so much  Queensland & NSW.

I'll leave it there for now.
Take care all,  Susan.

17 comments:

  1. I bet it feels good to finish all those projects, and to blog them all, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard anything about the cyclone, mind you, I haven't seen the news lately. I do hope that everyone's safe. What a lot of finishes this month, you've done so well, and they're all such beautiful makes. Yes, I think you've definitely done well with the creative photos, something I'm not at all good with myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. There's evidently been lots about the cyclone on the news in UK. You could join in with Finishing Stitches!

      Delete
  3. The cyclone hot our news this morning and, yes, it does look pretty horrible. My thoughts are with anyone involved.
    Congratulations on all those anniversaries! And so many finished things. I love the sign, though. I think I could do with one of those! I love that you have it above a photo frame of your blogging friends as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ. It is horrible & so many people affected. You may be able to find a sticker of even print something from your computer & put it somewhere.

      Delete
  4. Love the outside photos; never thought of that myself. So many finishes - well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. Outside works better when you live in a house with little light, even though we have large windows. Weird!

      Delete
  5. Goodness you've been busy! Lovely photos, please come over and finish up some of my quilts . . . Congrats to K for such lovely woodwork, very impressive.

    The pictures of cyclone Debbie are horrendous, reminds me of the awful floods we have had here but your weather problems are of such a scale that they completely dwarf what we have experienced. Take care. J, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being busy is what I like. I couldn't have worked in a job with not a lot to do. Mine was always flat out & I still tend to like it that way even though retired.
      Hopefully the rain depression is making it's way out to sea, before it does any more damage. We could do with a bit more precipitation down here, but not that much. Had a very dry March in the very south of Oz.

      Delete
  6. Is it Fountains Abbey? Wow you have motored through your finished work, well done you! My favourite? The cupcake crochet blanket is BEAUTIFUL! Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kate, Fountains Abbey & the next one is Clapham Beck. Thought you may like the crochet blanket & now I want to try something a little different in crochet as I find it very therapeutic after a busy day doing other stuff. What can I do?

      Delete
  7. Well done with your finishes! You've been very busy this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful and accomplished quilts - that pink and white one with the rose detail is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian. I do so love roses & wish I had more.

      Delete
  9. Happy Blogaversary! What great finishes you have had Susan, lots of lovely things, your work is beautiful as always. Please don't enter me in your giveaway as the postage would be crazy, but I wish you all the best and many more happy years of blogging and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a lovely comment & as most of my blog pals are English, other than Joy & Judy, you are just as welcome to being entered as anyone else. Take care.

      Delete