Tuesday 11 July 2017

HELP.....................PLEASE!!!!!

I'm working on a quilt of my own design at the moment and now have a dilemma of how to place the blocks, although I did start with a plan.
Below is the mock-up from my QW program.

I thought it looked good on paper, but once it was all in place on the design wall, I had doubts.
Hubby came in whilst I was pondering and suggested we re-arrange the blocks (whoops, something I didn't think he'd know about), though after 40 years of me quilting, I suppose he has good idea of what I do & has helped me make decisions before on colour & design.

1.  Original layout.


2.  First suggestion.

I wasn't so sure about this with the larger block of aqua together?

3.  Again we played.

We both had the same idea for this one as I was playing with the bottom corner as H sorted the top & we laughed that we'd done the same.

4.  Here we go again.

H came up with this one, then we stopped, as I was confused.

5.  Much, much later after tea.

I popped out to my sewing room for one last look for the night, played again & came up with this one.

OH!....................I  now really don't know which one to go with and need your help.   PLEASE!!!!

BTW.   I have finished piecing the Mystery Quilt I started at Judy's weekend retreat & will reveal all at a later date.
Just a quick post for now & will do a catchup later this week.  It is certainly chilly here in our part of Oz at the moment & below is a map of Victoria showing the different council areas & we actually reside in the Baw Baw shire, which is in the south east of the state.

The red shaded area is Melbourne.

Best go & look forward to hearing what you think is best.
Take care all, keep warm or cool & thank you for reading my posts.
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. I like the 2nd image. I can see your dilemma it is aa bit like doing a tetris X have fun deciding which one you end up chosing😊xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I will go with the 3rd one. Looking forward to your next reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the original design. It's raining here today, looks like it's in for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, looking at it too much makes you doubt your plan but I would certainly go with the original design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the original or number 3. Not much help am I! I am sure that you know far more about this than me and will choose just the right thing! Hope you are staying warm, I am trying to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the last one, but not sure what number! Quite hot in the UK but it rained all day yesterday. Thank good ness as it helps the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good suggestions from everyone else, so I will say something completely different 😬

    If a set of quilt blocks "aren't working" then my experience is that, most probably, whatever the heck you do they still won't work, but you've just spend loads more time on the project. So two other options are separate the components, use some of them to make something different/smaller (bag? mats? pillow covers? ) and put the rest aside until "whenever". Or make some completely different/additional units and add them to some or all of what you've already got.

    And follow your instinct - if it's not right then it's not right, regardless of how much you try to convince yourself that "it's OK".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan I think suggestion number 3.the problem is the colourway of the red and aqua too strong for the colours you have used in the star blocks needed to be more subtle hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry. Just a visitor and I wouldn't normally comment as I don't piece anymore but it's the lime green. The aqua and lime don't work. More subtle sashings might bring it together and maybe the lime repeated in the corner stones.
    How are you btw?

    ReplyDelete